wireless speakers or internet radio?

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
THis may seem like a stupid question but its a genuine query! ... What is the point of buying a dedicated wireless bluteooth/wifi speaker if you can buy an internet radio, which is both a WIRELESS SPEAKER (via bluetooth, wi/fi and/or 3.5mm) AND a DAB/internet radio for nearly the same money?

I was tempted by a wireless speaker (Airstream/ AudioPro) to stream internet/DAB/mp3 to it, but some of the internet radios are the same price of just a speaker...and i can stream mp3 to them too....

Do the dedicated wireless speakers' sound better than the internet radios? Am i missing something? Is it to do with convenience?... A lot of these technologies seem to be converging, and I don't see the distinction offered.....Thanks..

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Well is there an advantage/disadvantage in either? I only see positives for the radio.. The speaker alone seems redundant, considering the radio gives you a speaker and more in the same footprint and often similarly priced....

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
thepointmisser said:
Well is there an advantage/disadvantage in either?

Well the output of the Audiopro Addon (for example) is 25w as against the Revo Superconnect radio/speaker which is 15w. So i suppose pure musical power is the benefit of the speaker as an individual item.. So that means if you could be bothered to stream internet radio/DAB etc to the speaker you gain a bigger sound, but then you have the 'hassle' that the radio has to be streamed from another device.. ! Heaven forbid the hassle of that! So its Power vs' Hassle... I think i have now answered my original question!

whatnext

May 6, 2023
Visit site
You would get a better sound from a dedicated wireless speaker than the speaker from certain internet radios but you could have 1 of your internet radios right next to your Hifi set up and plug-in problem solved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts