Question Wireless Speaker with Google Cast and Line In

qjam

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a decent wireless speaker that uses Google Cast and has 3.5" line in? I have a JBL Link 10 and Sony STR-DN1060 amp that I use Google Cast for multi-room music, and I'd like something for my study that I could also plug my PC into. I'd prefer a single speaker as there isn't a lot of real estate on my desk, but a pair would be fine if that's all that's available.

Thanks so much for your help!

qjam

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to include the all important budget! Thanks for that suggestion, it looks great. It's probably at the upper end of my budget, I was looking around the EUR200 mark.

doifeellucky

I highly recommend the Audio Pro Addon range. I've got a C10 and am impressed with it. I often move it around the house, to the kitchen, bedroom, or use it with my projector in the spare room. I've got a Cambridge CXA60 and Dali speakers in my living room and it works well enough for me, compared to separates, for the applications I mentioned. Connects to WiFi and uses Spotify connect. Also has Bluetooth and a 3.5 aux in if you want to plug in via another source. I also use a Chromecast Audio, great way of adding streaming to older devices, but that hasn't been readily available for a while now. On a desk the Addon C5 is probably the better option and closer to your budget.

qjam

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Shame the Chromecast Audio is no longer sold, but I might be able to pick one up on eBay. If I can find one, something like the C5 would be perfect.

doifeellucky

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Shame the Chromecast Audio is no longer sold, but I might be able to pick one up on eBay. If I can find one, something like the C5 would be perfect.
In the UK Audio Pro are available from Richer Sounds and Curry's amongst others. There are occasionally good deals. I got a C10 £30 off and a half price C5 just before Christmas two years ago from Richer. Curry's also had a good deal on an A10, more like a Sonos 1, for not far off half price about a year ago. Wish I'd bought two. I even pair the C10 and A10 which is surprisingly effective in my work at home office.

jonboywalton75

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
In the UK Audio Pro are available from Richer Sounds and Curry's amongst others. There are occasionally good deals. I got a C10 £30 off and a half price C5 just before Christmas two years ago from Richer. Curry's also had a good deal on an A10, more like a Sonos 1, for not far off half price about a year ago. Wish I'd bought two. I even pair the C10 and A10 which is surprisingly effective in my work at home office.
Thinking of buying a C5, i actually want a C10 but i have a wife who will no doubt moan about it being on the big side🙄
I've heard the C5 and was really impressed, should i build up brownie points for a C10.
Will it be worth the sacrifices😂😂???

doifeellucky

Thinking of buying a C5, i actually want a C10 but i have a wife who will no doubt moan about it being on the big side🙄
I've heard the C5 and was really impressed, should i build up brownie points for a C10.
Will it be worth the sacrifices😂😂???
The C10 is about the size of a typical shoe box. In some instances, when I move it around the house, it can feel a be a bit big, as the width needed is more than a typical standmount speaker. But I like having the extra power, especially in our kitchen/diner, where typically 50-60% volume is plenty. I gave the C5 as a present so don't have it to compare against, but would say that's probably more of a bedroom speaker. Our kitchen/diner is about 20ft x 15 ft and the C10 is great for that, unless you want to go really really loud. As a reference the C5 is 40w, the C10 is 80w.

jonboywalton75

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
The C10 is about the size of a typical shoe box. In some instances, when I move it around the house, it can feel a be a bit big, as the width needed is more than a typical standmount speaker. But I like having the extra power, especially in our kitchen/diner, where typically 50-60% volume is plenty. I gave the C5 as a present so don't have it to compare against, but would say that's probably more of a bedroom speaker. Our kitchen/diner is about 20ft x 15 ft and the C10 is great for that, unless you want to go really really loud. As a reference the C5 is 40w, the C10 is 80w.
Thanks for that, I'll have to see how pursuasive i can be

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts