Wireless connection to Audiolab DAC

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have an Audiolab DAC: https://www.whathifi.com/audiolab/m-dac/review

and I would like somehow to play music through it from my mobile phone (wireless or bluetooth).

Is there some adapter that I could plug into the DAC to achieve this?

Thanks!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Adrian David said:
Is there some adapter that I could plug into the DAC to achieve this?
Thanks!

Arcam Mini Blink

You won't even need the Audiolab.

(Plenty even cheaper but it has Arcam hi-fi 'credentials' if that is important. Well reviewed by it's amazon customers.)

Gray

I wanted a cheap wireless connection from laptop and tablet to amp for non-critical listening.

So, at £20, this was good enough for me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CZVCYU0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the money, it's great (and at one time it was selling for £12.99!). It goes direct to amp (not via the M-DAC) However, it's not aptX capable, or anything special in terms of its built-in DAC. So for a closer match to your M-DAC, that Arcam Chebby has suggested is probably more like the quality you're after.

Alternatively, you could always go for a receiver with digital out, if you really wanted to use the M-DAC - though that wouldn't necessarily sound any better than the Arcam direct to amp.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Adrian David said:
Thanks guys,

I would still like to use the Audiolab - so I would just need a wireless receiver that has Digital coax or optical output that I could plug into the DAC.

Does the Arcam Mini Blink offer this?

Adrian

No, but not sure why you need to over-complicate matters by running two boxes rather than one. (Besides, the Audiolab is probably total ‘overkill’ for BT.)

Why didn’t you get a wireless capable DAC right from the beginning?

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Arcam Blink is what you need. The original one, not the later mini version.

It has a coax output so you can send a digital signal to your mdac. Use a coax cable to connect to a coax input on your mdac.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ChrisIRL said:

It has a coax output so you can send a digital signal to your mdac. Use a coax cable to connect to a coax input on your mdac.

Why use a DAC to feed another DAC? Just use the Blink on it’s own. Less clutter and a wedge of cash from selling the old one.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
ChrisIRL said:

Why use a DAC to feed another DAC? Just use the Blink on it’s own. Less clutter and a wedge of cash from selling the old one.

Well he did say he wishes to continue to use the mdac, perhaps for other sources? If that’s not the case I agree with you, the blink is a good enough dac on its own.

jjbomber

Adrian David said:
I would still like to use the Audiolab - so I would just need a wireless receiver that has Digital coax or optical output that I could plug into the DAC.

Pure Jongo A2. Bluetooth input and optical digital output. £20 new just about everywhere these days, reduced from £100. Unbeatable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts