Wireless Ceiling Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in the planning process of installing an audio multi room system. I was looking at Russound's wired A-Bus multiroom system, which seems quite a simple and good system. To avoid the hassle and clutter of an overall house refurbishment, I was looking at WiFi products mainly Sonos and Yamaha's MusicCast. But this guy here has one big single problem: I need to install ceiling speakers!! No wall mounted ones will not do, just ceiling.

To my knowledge, I don't know of any wireless ceiling speakers and that is why I came here to ask you pros, maybe you can lead me on the right track. So, to start with, I need ceiling speakers. Therefore question no.1: Are there any wirless on the market or do I need to come back from the future? Question no. 2: Is my only solution in installing a wired multi room system?

I would really appreciate your help, thanks.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Intriguing question! I haven't come across any wireless in-ceiling speakers myself, but it might be worth talking to KEF as they've recently been working on wireless speaker technology and they might have something in the pipeline. Anyone else able to help?

haider

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Yes, a possible, simple solution is a Sonneteer Bard Amplifier(in Rug Rat form) with a Bard Transmitter plugged into a ceiling speaker of your choice.

There are also ceiling spekaers with built in amplifiers and a BardTranceiver set will do.

I have a vested interest as my company is Sonneteer and we make them ;-)

But it does work!

haider

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Andrew. I wasnt going to be so cheeky as to put up a link.
emotion-14.gif
Very kind of you.

Just got back from a week on the beach with no electronics toys to pester me..Bliss!

A

Anonymous

Funny thing. It is now Jan 2010 and your post from Sep 2007 still has no solution from the market.

I too am looking for a similar system. I have found these two problems.

1. All of the wall or ceiling mount speakers wire to components. These wires carry the power and source of music.

2. None of the computer or wifi sourced speakers mount flush to a wall or ceiling. They all require shelf or desk space.

I would be very happy to hardwire ceiling speakers in my kitchen and have them play music from my computer wirelessly. To do this I would have to invent my own speakers. It would only take a few weeks and I could do it, but I don't want to. As we can see this product has been in demand for years now.

Is this product available or is the market missing the boat?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts