Wireless audio to another room

Hi All.

A simple one for you no doubt...

A friend of mine has an amp, "A" speaker out connected to speakers, "B" speaker out not connected.

Phono input connected to turntable, CD input connected to CD player.

She would like to listen to whatever input is selected in the kitchen - 2 rooms away (7m direct) throught 2 walls (1 block, 1 stud.)

The outputs I see are: "B" speaker out, TAPE out, headphone jack.

I see logitech have a phono to bluetooth sender device which 'may' do the trick if the signal gets that far.

I also recall belkin did an audio homeplug device a few years back which I can't find now.

Also i've considered the 2.4mhz directional av send/rcv devices too.

Any thoughts on which output would be best and what devices i'd be best to try? I guess if I had to use the "B" speaker out i'd have to get a speaker out to phono converter?

Many thanks in advance

Craig.

Craig Collins said:
Hi All.

A simple one for you no doubt...

A friend of mine has an amp, "A" speaker out connected to speakers, "B" speaker out not connected.

Phono input connected to turntable, CD input connected to CD player.

She would like to listen to whatever input is selected in the kitchen - 2 rooms away (7m direct) throught 2 walls (1 block, 1 stud.)

The outputs I see are: "B" speaker out, TAPE out, headphone jack.

I see logitech have a phono to bluetooth sender device which 'may' do the trick if the signal gets that far.

I also recall belkin did an audio homeplug device a few years back which I can't find now.

Also i've considered the 2.4mhz directional av send/rcv devices too.

Any thoughts on which output would be best and what devices i'd be best to try? I guess if I had to use the "B" speaker out i'd have to get a speaker out to phono converter?

Many thanks in advance

Craig.

Wireless and particularly Bluetooth have limited range and can be prone to dropouts.

Surely the cheapest and best option might just be to run a long set of speaker wire from the B Speaker outlet.

Yeah, i've tried the whole cable route. She wasn't buying it. Aesthetically

Good to know I can use the tape output tho, that's one issue solved.
I guess the next step would be to test some of these?... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nestling%C2%AE-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-function/dp/B00XHGBGM0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1449398924&sr=8-5&keywords=av+sender+wifi

what's your friend using to listen to the music in the kitchen.you have stipulated the outputs from the amp,but no mention of what device might be in the kitchen to actually play the music through.I'd say just get a docking station for the kitchen,easiest option,the kitchen will probably be too far away for a bluetooth signal and unless she has an excellent wireless router....wifi ain't gonni reach either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts