Wireless Adaptor...

Tone1981

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I've recently bought a Monitor Audio ideck 200 and am very happy with it. Only thing is I'm a bit of track skipper and the device is on the other side of the room.

I am interested in adding wireless functionality and as such am looking at either an Apple Airport Express or a bluetooth adaptor such as QED's uplay. Any thoughts on either of these are appreciated as are any alternatives.

My budget is around the £70-£80 mark but could stretch a little.

Many thanks.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Tone, the airport express would give you better sound quality than the QED. Be warned though, I've owned a few airport express units and some of them have died. Would suggest you get Apple Care with it if available. The most reliable way would be to use airplay via Apple TV and it costs 99 quid. I've been using it with good results...not to mention you get more entertainment options via the Apple TV route.

Hope this helps,

Shafin

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
shafesk said:
Hey Tone, the airport express would give you better sound quality than the QED. Be warned though, I've owned a few airport express units and some of them have died. Would suggest you get Apple Care with it if available. The most reliable way would be to use airplay via Apple TV and it costs 99 quid. I've been using it with good results...not to mention you get more entertainment options via the Apple TV route.

Hope this helps,

Shafin

Apple TV really needs to be hooked up to a screen though, especially if you're not controlling it with an iPhone or Touch. And I wouldn't be paying for Applecare on the basis that the AE is a seemingly unreliable product. That's giving them more money for manufacturing something which doesn't 'just work' :)

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
bigblue235 said:
shafesk said:

Hope this helps,

Shafin

Apple TV really needs to be hooked up to a screen though, especially if you're not controlling it with an iPhone or Touch. And I wouldn't be paying for Applecare on the basis that the AE is a seemingly unreliable product. That's giving them more money for manufacturing something which doesn't 'just work' :)
Not really, you can leave your apple tv on without the tv as you can use your pc to control the music you stream to it....failing that, good luck finding a better wireless source for this money ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts