Wired to Wireless

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a really simple issue but my knowledge regarding hifi systems needs updating somewhat.

I currently have a Cambridge Audio A5 which outputs to a pair or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers and really like my setup. Due to a recent house move I'm having to move my system to a place where I'm going to have to trail speaker cables along the wall/floor in order to maintain a stereo image. Can someone tell me if there is a device I can buy which will connect between my speakers and amp wirelessly please? I also understand that wireless systems produce a lesser quality sound than those with decent cables so it may be better to upgrade anyway...any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a massive digital music collection on a NAS drive (already set up for wireless access through my ps3 via netgear router in a different room) so if anyone has any ideas on how I could incorporate access to this that'd be a massive bonus, although I appreciate that this will require an additional seperate and is therefore likely to be another matter entirely.

Thanks for any help you gan give me!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought so, Nicolai never managed to get the wireless transmission of power working and even today it's not much more than a pipedream. Even wireless active speakers still, I believe, have a connecting cable between them.

A

Anonymous

Thanks JD, the KEF system looks to be along the lines of what I'm after. I don't suppose you know if there's an option for stereo as the system you recommend is for surround and I only have 2 speakers in this setup (really only one of which needs the wireless connection as the other will be next to the amp). I was also wondering how the speakers will be powered on this system - does KEF's product bus power the speaker? My Diamond 9.1s have no independent power input so it's essential that the device can power them as the amplifier would.

The Audioengine product looks good too, although the system I'm using is mostly used for playing records through my Project Debut III, not an mp3 player, and I'm after more than the 'desktop' quality sound the A5s are said to produce (which I believe I am currently getting).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts