Windows 7 - driver & sounds query

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, basically i have just been upgraded from XP to windows 7, it's all so pretty :). on XP i previously had winamp running via an ASIO4ALL driver to get away from that awful windows stuff. i found that the improvement was very noticable but unfrotuately i'm not the greatest fan of winamp compared to itunes.

My question is do i need to do the same thing again (get ASIO4ALL & WINAMP) or have windows sorted out the poor sound drivers for 7? i remeber reading about this WASAPI stuff but i dont have time to read through all the previous forum posts.

any information would be greatly appreciated. just want to get the best sound form my pc. cheers

lazar1980

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
I use asio and foobar on w7, works just fine
emotion-1.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
lazar1980:I use asio and foobar on w7, works just fine
emotion-1.gif

You are just adding another s/w layer for no real reason .. Get foo_out_wasapi and change Foobar to WASAPI for a WIN7 system.

OP Yes Win7 & Wasapi addresses the Kmixer issue of the older Operating systems

lazar1980

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
kena:
lazar1980:I use asio and foobar on w7, works just fine
emotion-1.gif

You are just adding another s/w layer for no real reason .. Get foo_out_wasapi and change Foobar to WASAPI for a WIN7 system.

Thanks for tip, tried using wasapi but changing playlist/song or even searching takes around 1sec. Is it same with you or is there any way to sort it out since it`s quite anoying?

Cheers

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
lazar1980:

Thanks for tip, tried using wasapi but changing playlist/song or even searching takes around 1sec. Is it same with you or is there any way to sort it out since it`s quite anoying?

Cheers

Sorry no idea, Just tried on my Asio PC and Wasapi Laptop no time difference , well laptop is faster but its a lot newer than the PC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts