Windows 11 Enhance Audio

Dom

On Windows 11 22000.100 I found an Enhance Audio switch, to automatically improve sound quality and a very subtle difference can be heard. There's no documentation on the web about it either.

Dom

After searching about I did find some information.
"The new functionality aims to optimize the system's audio processing settings to allow audio at high fidelity, HD sound reproduction."
So the audio system is optimised for HD reproduction? Well I hope it works.

abacus

Interesting, however I think you are correct in that I don’t think it’s for HI-Fi sound reproduction, just for Zoom type calls to improve the sound quality. (Be interesting to see if it interfaces with Skype and Zoom as well as Teams)

Bill

D

Deleted member 108165

I can see Enhance Audio could be useful for games and videos, when I upgrade to W11 but, when listening to music with Foobar2000, I will still use ASIO drivers to bypass all Windows sound processing.
Interesting, I use WASAPI, might try ASIO.

abacus

If you’re on Windows 10 then providing everything is working correctly the difference with ASIO will be minimal.
Note: the drivers are there to get the best out of DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) they will not make any difference over the standard audio drivers for just playback.
If you are using a dedicated soundcard/audio interface then use the drivers that came with that for best performance.

Bill

Friesiansam

If you’re on Windows 10 then providing everything is working correctly the difference with ASIO will be minimal.
Note: the drivers are there to get the best out of DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) they will not make any difference over the standard audio drivers for just playback.
If you are using a dedicated soundcard/audio interface then use the drivers that came with that for best performance.

Bill
Agree using ASIO likely makes little difference but, I would still rather bypass unnecessary processing. The ASIO drivers I use are the ones supplied and recommended by Pathos.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts