Wilson Audio's remastered Watt/Puppy loudspeaker reimagines an 80s icon with modern-day tech

John1

Jun 11, 2024
Visit site
8 versions of the Watt/Puppy are mentioned but that's far more technically than actually true. The Sasha 1 was referred to as the Sasha W/P because it was really the 9th generation Watt/Puppy. It also easily outperformed the next generation Wilsons by amounts too great, to even quantify. I remember hearing a W/P7 with a Conrad Johnson integrated that in terms of transparency (to legitimately use an overused characterization) literally, blew away a Sasha 2 based system I heard at a show entirely wired with Nordost Odin 2.

Not said lightly.

Everything from the phono leads to virtually everything elsewas N Odin2. With a SOA TT & top of the line Dagostino was in the system I heard. This W/P reincarnation looks like it's trying to fill in a market gap & price point between the SabrinaX & the Sasha V. If you want the retro look with even higher performance, buying a used pair of Watt/Puppys & buying the last versions of the redesigned tweeter & mid range from the Sasha 1 will unquestionably & incontrovertibly provide substantially more transparency - at substantially lower cost. Take my word for none of it. Make the comparison yourself - it really is that kind of night & day. If you prefer the more easygoing sound of the latest Wilsons but at a far more attainable price, the SabrinaX has a reputation (according to all reviewers) for offering most of what the large Wilsons do, absent the same degree of scale & even more extraordinary bass. In all but the largest spaces. In those, an Alexandria series 2 with the same revised tweeter (2 of them) & midrange, I (& most other discriminating, transparency loving audiophiles) would take it over the Chronosonic in a heart beat and/or XVX any day of any week.

TRENDING THREADS