Will you be buying an iPad?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I will not buy it as I am sick and tired of Apple's exploitation of consumer, 16gb tablet must be a joke, when you can buy a 32 gb flash for less the 20 quids. Only fools with lots of gold will buy a 500$ 16gb ipad, I will wait for a tablet from companies like Sony, Dell and Samsung which will have at least 80gb disk space, multitasking, flash support etc.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Selling a premium product isn't exploitation. No one is forcing you to buy anything. I'm guessing you've never used an iPhone or an iPod Touch and you thus don't realise how much better they are than virtually everything else out there. And that's why they cost more.

Seriously, I'm "sick and tired" of people complaining about the price of Apple gear when they clearly have never actually owned anything made by them. There's a reason millions of people choose their products - it's because they work as you want them to. And people will pay for that because that's what a lot of people want.

Not something which will eventually work as you want it to (maybe, just about) if you're willing to put in several days of tinkering, reading documentation, asking questions on the web. And even then, you probably still had to compromise.

A

Anonymous

Ph I don't disagree with you, but I do think Apple have missed the boat here and people will keep away in droves.

What I'd really like to see is an Apple Netbook, not something that is inferior to one of the products it is intended to replace, the book.

A

Anonymous

It might make a good "terminal" to use virtualised Computers. For example, VMWare based PCs and servers. The firm I work for is looking to virtualise all laptops and an iPad would suit a lot of people on the move. If only they'd make a normal keyboard to use with it...

A

Anonymous

I must admit I think my Touch is the best gadget I've got in a long while. Probably since my import Gameboy back in the late 80s. I like the idea of the i-Pad but I think it's real usefulness will come down to how developers create apps which are suited to the larger screen. There are occaisons when I wish the Touch would be a little bigger but not as big as the i-Pad. Maybe that's why some people are geting uppity about it. If it was say halfway is size between the 2 then the comparisons with laptops might not be as forthcoming. I will not be buying one in the near future anyway. The money would be better spent of our first LCD/Plamsa or going towards taking the little lad to Florida.

TRENDING THREADS