Will this wreck my amp(s)? A technical question borne of laziness.

ajmjcowan

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've currently got two amps, one being my main amp and the other an old Pioneer A400 that I recently bought out of interest (very impressive for the little it cost by the way).

What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to have both amps connected to one set of speakers with one amp running and the other switched off. The idea being that I can then switch easily between them without the need to swap the speaker cables over (one amp will be fed from my DAC while the other directly from the CD player so no need to swap interconnects).

Can anyone tell me if doing this will result in any damage to either of the amps?

Thanks.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
The safest solution IMO would be to run seperate speaker cables from both amps and simply swap these around on the speakers as required.

I looked in to the Niles DPS-1 switching box (US import) a while ago, and although a simple solution just a moments thoughtlessness or carelessness and everythings blown! (the same applies to the Beresford). True, two seperate cable runs may not be the neatest solution but it is by far the safest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts