will old speakers do justice to new kit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am disappointed that new blu ray players dont have analogue connections so am looking to step up to blu ray and a new denon 1910 amp and possibly new pioneer lx52 blu ray. what i wanna know is will my kef 2005.2's deliver on sound with that set up and give me a better sound experience. Speakers are the kit where i fall down a bit with lack of knowledge. I know there's always better but don't really want to change these as i'm very satisfied with them to date. your thoughts please. (p.s. are the denon and pioneer a good combo choice also? )

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I know others will strongly disagree but I just don't think speakers make a huge difference to hi fi per se.

I have a £950 pair of Dynaudio Audience 52SEs hooked up to my Naim system and they do sound great. However, I've been flogging off some old speakers recently and have swapped them with the Dynaudios to test.

A 13 year old pair of (then) £350 Kefs still sounded amazing and then, unbelievably, an old £100 pair of Gales didn't sound that bad either...

So in my humble and uneducated option the source components really are the ones that matter.

Oh - and many do BDPs do have multi channel analogue outputs...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts