Will Dacmagic improve stereo sound in an AV setup

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Although I have an A/V system I do still listen to a lot of music, with it mainly coming from my computer via a coaxial lead straight into my amplifier. Would I make any improvements using a dacmagic or similar external DAC as opposed to using the onboard one in the amplifier?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
bryster:
Although I have an A/V system I do still listen to a lot of music, with it mainly coming from my computer via a coaxial lead straight into my amplifier. Would I make any improvements using a dacmagic or similar external DAC as opposed to using the onboard one in the amplifier?

You should definitely hear improvements. Your receiver is a decent one and if you use lossless files straight to the DAC, it might be very good. I would try buying the DacMagic on trial if possible. If not, you will be able to sell it for only a little less if you are not happy.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Nothing to do with OP - question for bryster:

Friend has been offered this set (KDS55A2000 RP) which is selling for 500 - I see you have one. Any good points or bad points to watch out for or recommend this set?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

John Duncan

First thing I would do is get the digital signal from your PC into the DAC in the receiver, rather than buy an offboard one. If your pooter doesn't have a digital out, either get an external sound card that does or get a streaming device like airport express or squeezebox.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts