Will A cambridge audio DAC Magic make a difference to this setup?

rtd999

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Denon 1910, Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema Pack, connected with QED Silver Anniversary cables. I connect my Macbook using ITunes playing 320kbps ripped CD's via optical cable to the denon & was wondering if I would notice a difference in sound quality by adding a Cambridge audio DAC Magic or does the Denon's DAC work well enough?

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried ripping a few CDs in Lossless, to see if you can hear the difference between them and your 320Kbps files? There's a potential upgrade there that'll cost nothing but your time (and extra hard-disk space!)

rtd999

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I have some CD's ripped to FLAC format before I started using ITunes & play that through VLC media player, but to be honest I can hardly tell the difference between FLAC & 320kbps, Do you think apple lossless is better quality than FLAC? Also kinda stuck with my 320 rips as I sold my CD collection to make some space!!

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you're happy with 320Kbps, that's all that matters - some people prefer uncompressed, others don't; at least you've tried (though you may want to have a little listen again if/when you buy a better DAC...). Just wanted to check before people started piling in with product suggestions!

TRENDING THREADS