admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello I am new to the world of Wifi.Rather than watch the bbc i/player on my dell inspiron 1525 is there any way that i can send it to my pioneer Lx5090 plasma Tv.Ive asked my mates in work and they like me would be very interested how its done, so is there anyone out there prepared to share there knowledge with me ?

Thank you in antisipition.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, this isn't really a Wi-fi question, it's more how you can get iPlayer on your TV. There are a number of methods, but the easiest are:
1. Easiest would be to hook your laptop to your TV. The spec of your TV shows it has a PC input, so you literally just need a VGA cable (like the kind you would use to hook your laptop up to a monitor). Once connected, you'll be able to see everything you normally watch on your laptop screen through your TV. Depending on your setup, it may be easier to get a wireless mouse / keyboard and you could then easily browse to and watch the iPlayer on your TV with your laptop hidden away somewhere to keep it tidy.
2. If you have Virgin's TV service, I believe you can directly access iPlayer via the V or V+ box.
3. If you have a PS3, you can access it via the PS3's web browser and going to www.ps3iplayer.com.
Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

thankyou for your input im sorry for not making myself easier to understand i wanted to know if i could do it wirelessly.

daveh75

not sure about streaming it wirelessly, if there is away think the picture quality would be pretty poor. you only have to look at the difference in pq between streaming bbci player progs and downloading and then watching them to see what i mean

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, you can, but you'd need something to stream it wirelessly to which then played it on your TV. In your case, this is again easiest to achieve through your laptop - if it doesn't have a wireless card already, you can buy a USB / PCMCIA card which will do the job - picture quality shouldn't be affected by this I wouldn't have thought, as long as you have a strong wireless network signal in your place - this will be dependent on where your wireless router is and if you have any extra access points added. What kind of setup do you have there?
There's no way of just streaming it wirelessly to the TV - you have to have something which is capable of playing it hooked into the TV like the three things I've mentioned above.

A

Anonymous

Prof,

How is it that I cannot get the BBCiplayer to run using
my PS3 ? It keeps asking for Javascript to be enabled when it already
is.
emotion-12.gif

J J - it'll be a while before you can do this
wirelessly particularly as you've spent on a new telly. The new batch
of HD tvs have wireless screens but not too sure of the quality.

A

Anonymous

maybe you should look at something like this

the only problem here is, that only the video signal travels through...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts