hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

need to add a wifi streamer to my irdac mainly to use with airplay. I was planning to sell my irdac and buy the yamaha wxc50 but having had the irdac on gumtree for few days, it hasn't generated any interested at all. I tried the px route but the price offered wasn't great.

So now i have decided to keep the irdac and add a wifi streamer to it. I have looked at few on amazon, ieast in particular looks promising but they all have very mixed reviews mainly due to dropouts in wifi connections.

any1 using such streamer? Your advice will be much appreciated.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
Hi all

need to add a wifi streamer to my irdac mainly to use with airplay. I was planning to sell my irdac and buy the yamaha wxc50 but having had the irdac on gumtree for few days, it hasn't generated any interested at all. I tried the px route but the price offered wasn't great.

So now i have decided to keep the irdac and add a wifi streamer to it. I have looked at few on amazon, ieast in particular looks promising but they all have very mixed reviews mainly due to dropouts in wifi connections.

Hi,

If I was going to replace my SBT, I would look at the Aurilac mini or Blusound Node 2. Both Arm 9 cortex and MQA ready, should that ever be an issue.

http://www.auralic.com/en/

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
emperor's new clothes said:
Animesh Ghose said:
Hi all

Hi,

If I was going to replace my SBT, I would look at the Aurilac mini or Blusound Node 2. Both Arm 9 cortex and MQA ready, should that ever be an issue.

http://www.auralic.com/en/

looks good, but its over my budget by quite a fair bit.

something in the region of £50-75.

may be?

S

SemiChronic

For that kind of money i think id be looking at an apple tv3(optical out) itunes can sound really good.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
SemiChronic said:
For that kind of money i think id be looking at an apple tv3(optical out) itunes can sound really good.

apple tv sounds good.

so how would it work?

would i need a tv?

my guess is: connect apple tv to the wifi network wirelessly or if there is an option to connect it via ethernet cable ( for more robust connection) and than connect all our idevice to the apple tv thru airplay.

is that it????

S

SemiChronic

Well for about £20 on fleabay, its quite a comprehensive device and its audio quality and ease of use are favoured by many. Id rather use a ATV3 than a chrome thing, just my opinion.

Yes ethernet and wireless is supported, i sometimes use mine with my 851N. No probs.

I cant see HiFi enthusiasts dropping ATV3 for a good few years yet, but to some its all doom and gloom.

Small outlay good value :)

daveh75

I wouldn't buy an AEX either at this point!

Apple haven't refreshed the H/W in more than 4 years (networking being yet another area they now willfully neglect), and with the recent round of price increases and Brexit gouging its now £100

Apple music is not supported with Apple TV so you have to cast music from the phone or i pad to the atv via a screen mirroring function which cannot be used on the fly(can't use the device for anything else whilst streaming),also apple airplay sounds rubbish compared to Spotify connect on it's extreme setting.Aminesh that's the reason I plumped for Spotify and the amazon fire tv box 1st gen and hooked it up to my ir dac via optical cable and it sounds pretty good and I can't complain.I do have a apple TV 3rd gen sitting here doing nothing as it's a pile of s##t.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Apple music is not supported with Apple TV so you have to cast music from the phone or i pad to the atv via a screen mirroring function which cannot be used on the fly(can't use the device for anything else whilst streaming),also apple airplay sounds rubbish compared to Spotify connect on it's extreme setting.Aminesh that's the reason I plumped for Spotify and the amazon fire tv box 1st gen and hooked it up to my ir dac via optical cable and it sounds pretty good and I can't complain.I do have a apple TV 3rd gen sitting here doing nothing as it's a pile of s##t.

does amazon fire tv support airplay?

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Update:

i ordered the i east soundstream from amazon and have been using it for a couple of weeks.

i am very impressed with the device its well built looks nice and with the little antenna at the back it looks like a serious bit of kit.

setting up was easy with the WPS button which puts the device on the configuration mode, once it is connected to the wifi network you are pretty much good to go if you are using airplay. You do need to download their app to connect the streamer to the wifi network, there are plenty of other services available thru the app but because i am using airpaly i don't even have to open the ieast app.

it does what it suppose to do, as i said i have been using it for 2 weeks and i haven't had any connection dropped.

it has a built in bb dac, i am not using the dac, i have taken optical out to the irdac.

if you have a good dac and want to go wireless this is what you need. For £50 its an amazing streamer.

my brother asked me 'how does it sound?'

I told him it will sound just as good as your source.

It was good to see Vladimir commenting on my YouTube unboxing video of i east ss.

thanks for reading.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts