Wifi/BT remote

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I have some active speakers coming. They have their own app to control via phone. There is no remote control or provision for a IR control. There is no USB to add a USB receiver/remote.

The speakers have Bluetooth and create their own Mesh Wifi.

Is there a way to add a remote control other than the phone/tablet etc using either the speakers BT or Wifi?

Thanks

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Nad's. Although I was aware of this it is an oversight by the manufacturer. - It makes relying on the app essential. Not too happy about it and potentially a reason to return it. We'll see.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I got no problem with an app but like the option to turn volume up/down, power on/off etc without using the phone every time.

I use a similar product now and use the remote regularly.

iMark

If you need an app to control only one device I can understand why you don't want that.

We find it incredibly handy to use a Logitech Harmony Hub with the app to control our audio/video system in the living room. The remotes for the TV, amp, DVR, Bluray player and my old minidisc deck are in a box in the attic.

Philips Pronto stuff would allow you to use the speakers' wifi network (I think), but you'd really need to know what you are doing as this is beyond the standard software functionality - I've used Pronto for ages but wouldn't be able to do what you ask.

I thought harmony could do Bluetooth - I'm sure my brother uses his to control a Play Station.

Once you've had a universal remote, there's no going back. I was glad my TV still issues old fashioned IR codes (even though they are transferred by wifi), and the integration of apps into the TV is great. We have subdued lighting controlled by the Pronto for when viewing, and briefly had a part of it that had to be done manually. When that light failed, it was replaced by one which did handle IR, and order was returned to the universe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts