Wife just bought the new ipad. Dock now or wait??

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone. My wife has just bought the new ipad and is using it a lot for everything. Her bday is in a couple of months time. Was wondering if anyone has any experience of the ipad docks available just now. Off top of my head i can think of the JBL model and a Philips model that will take an ipad.

Is there any word of the likes of Arcam, B&W, NAD or Monitor Audio developing a dock for the ipad??

Obviously i have plenty of time to sort this out as bday is ages away!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!!

R cube size the limit as it will have to fit in the kitchen.

Thanks

John

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Remember that you don't have to dock it - if you pick an Airplay speaker you can keep the iPad at hand, swiping through your iTunes, and enjoy the music wirelessly.

Likewise, the tiny Arcam dongle that comes with the rCube is an excellent (and great-quality) wireless solution between iPad and speaker (no wi-fi required).

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I think Arcam would say that wireless streaming from the iPad using Kleer technology is, in its opinion, the best solution for now. No plans for a dedicated rCube iPad dock AFAIK.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry v1c, looking for a portable music playing dock that could be taken to kitchen, bathroom, garden etc. Would look nice in my system though!!

Thanks AC. I really like the look, portability, functionality of the rcube. @ the price is there anything else to add to the shortlist. Considered the B&W Zep but it really is too nice to be moved around a lot imho. Will need to audition of course....

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok John , the JBL On beat Xtreme looks a good option.... one user said prefered it to his Zepplin subjective of course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts