width of an amplifier

Psilocybin

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I’m currently looking at building a half decent sound system. My problem is that my cabinet won’t fit the common width of a modern amplifier (around the 40-45cm mark), I’ve been trying to find an amp which sits in the 30-35cm range. Does anyone know of such an amp? I could just ditch the cabinet tbh, however the room I’m currently living in isn’t the largest of living spaces, so would be more preferable to keep the cabinet.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Peace,

Alex :)

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Could look at Cyrus Kit - each unit is just under 22 cm in width, which is half standard size. I don't know any amps that are in the 30 to 35 cm range. Might be better to look at getting a standard size rack

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
How about LINN or AstinTrew? Both these are British (if thats important to you) and 2/3 standard width I believe.

Or Bel Canto if you fancy some american kit (same size as Cyrus). They do a pretty decent integrated amp by the way...

Or really push the boat out and stump up a few grand for something from the Chord Choral range!

A

Anonymous

My Sugden is a compact little amp, 90mm high x 230mm width x 270 depth, can kick out the watts, maybe get one on e-bay.

A

Anonymous

NVA P50 with two A40 monos? Not wide but three boxes + you want sensitive speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts