wich receiver to 500€

d_golly

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
hello, i'm buying my first receiver..i will use it mainly for music, i was looking for some time nov and i have a few aduts. so there we have Onkyo TX-NR626 and DENON AVR-X1000 and some simillar Yamaha, i don't know wich one yamaha exactly. i'm wondering wich one of this have the best sound quality? the speakers i will be using are the Paul Carmody's DIY Amiga.. so the power is not a problem, and only stereo mode for now. the main thing is to be able to connect to network, and i think wireless would be the best option. it can be build in, or well working optional. the only other thing that matter is sound quality. so is yamaha beter sounding in stereo for music than the other two and wich yamaha exactly?

regards, jaka

d_golly

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
hej, the speakers were build according to this plans https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/diy/amiga , there is several build threads and all comfirming as quite well.

There's something known as system synergy. AV receivers have their own signature sound, and they should tonally match with the speakers. It's impossible to say which receiver will tonally match your speakers as we've never heard it.

Having said that, Yamahas are generally easy to pair with most speakers. Look at the Aventage range if possible (last year's models may be found at discounted prices) or RX-V673 or 675.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Further to the above suggestions, on a practical note, make sure that you stretch your budget by buying your AV receiver at the right time.

When I bought my AV receiver (see signature) I had a budget of £500 but was able to buy a receiver that was originally listed at £800 due to discounting. Look at a model that you're interested in, then find out what the two models in the next price bracket up are and keep an eagle eye on the prices through the year. Once prices have been discounted to about 40% of the original RRP, then purchase.

There are significant steps up in quality between a £500 receiver and an £800 receiver, so just wait until the £800 receiver drops in price. Simples.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts