DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
No, not another thread asking for music selections or playlists.

What I am looking for is some tracks where a quality system will show things up where they will be missed on a lesser system.

So, Artist, Album and track name followed by what to listen for please?

The what and why is the important part rather of this rather than a track list or a simple "superb recording".

For example, a piece of percussion that may otherwise be hidden in the mix or a vocalist taking a breath or a hidden instrument, something in the background...... you get the idea? [;)]

I won't be going shopping for this, just if I happen to have the tracks suggested, I can then have a wee listen tonight [:)]

If it's been done already a pointer will be sufficient. Thanks.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
idc:Massive Attack - 'Angel', listen for how much distortion the open deep bass causes, if any and how clear the 'miaow' sound at 42s is.

Sounds decent enough from Spotify to my earphones.
emotion-21.gif

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Good start.

I don't have it copied to my phone so i can't check it on a "poor system" just now but I will check it out when I get home.

Thanks, keep 'em coming
emotion-1.gif

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Listened to Angel.

Nice full bass and punchy without any distortion.

Missed the miaow but that could have been due to the hint of a bark at 0:38 ............
emotion-5.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
DavieCee:
No, not another thread asking for music selections or playlists.

What I am looking for is some tracks where a quality system will show things up where they will be missed on a lesser system.

So, Artist, Album and track name followed by what to listen for please?

The what and why is the important part rather of this rather than a track list or a simple "superb recording".

For example, a piece of percussion that may otherwise be hidden in the mix or a vocalist taking a breath or a hidden instrument, something in the background...... you get the idea?
emotion-5.gif

I won't be going shopping for this, just if I happen to have the tracks suggested, I can then have a wee listen tonight
emotion-1.gif

If it's been done already a pointer will be sufficient. Thanks.

Radiohead
In Rainbows
Track 1. 15 Step
Cohesion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts