Why no comparison with Bose Accostimass speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sorry guys, but just an innocent question. I have read quite a few reviews, and no one ever mentions the Bose Accoustimass range speakers. they are never compared to the likes of B&W etc. Any reason?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jazzmaster"]no one ever mentions the Bose Accoustimass range speakers. they are never compared to the likes of B&W etc. Any reason?[/quote]

Because, they are not in the same league. Bose Acoustimass is termed as a Acoustimass module by Bose. So, if you see, manufacuturer themselves put them in a different category. Besides, Acoustimass design is a lot different from a conventional subwoofer design.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Because the Bose is strictly not hifi, it's an entertainment system with below average sound. And not cheap either. Lifestyle over substance.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. New to all this, just wondering why they never get a mention

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jazzmaster"]
Thanks guys. New to all this, just wondering why they never get a mention
[/quote]

Mainly due to the fact that Bose are surround sound and the acoustimass speakers are only x10 tweeters with a bit of midrange, The active sub does the rest.

I have been fairly impressed by the sound the Lifestyle 48 system that my father has in his front room. It's very clever and the sound quality for films is superb, but not that great for music, but it does the job he wants it to. For £3500, i could think of better seperates to buy tho!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We have reviewed Bose Acoustimass kit in the past, but as already mentioned, it tends to rate poorly on a performance-per-pound basis. And with systems like the Sony DAV-IS10 coming along that offer the same tiny-speaker-system concept at far less cash....

Gyp

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
The next time the father in law tells me very loudly that there's no reason to have my Kef References any more as Bose speakers are far better and a lot smaller, am I allowed to lamp him one?

John Duncan

[quote user="Gyp"]The next time the father in law tells me very loudly that there's no reason to have my Kef References any more as Bose speakers are far better and a lot smaller, am I allowed to lamp him one?[/quote]

Yes.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Gyp"]The next time the father in law tells me very loudly that there's no reason to have my Kef References any more as Bose speakers are far better and a lot smaller, am I allowed to lamp him one?[/quote]

Yes.[/quote]
But make sure you use a bose speaker !!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gyp"]The next time the father in law tells me very loudly that there's no reason to have my Kef References any more as Bose speakers are far better and a lot smaller, am I allowed to lamp him one?[/quote]

heh, yes. That reminds me when my mother saw my system for the first time. Great big gr20's with greta big pre and power amp.

"Couldn't you get something smaller?", She says

"Like what?"

"Well like... ***friends aiwa mini system***"

"GET OUT, YOU'RE FIRED"

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Mr_Poletski"][quote user="Gyp"]The next time the father in law tells me very loudly that there's no reason to have my Kef References any more as Bose speakers are far better and a lot smaller, am I allowed to lamp him one?[/quote]

heh, yes. That reminds me when my mother saw my system for the first time. Great big gr20's with greta big pre and power amp.

"Couldn't you get something smaller?", She says

"Like what?"

"Well like... ***friends aiwa mini system***"

"GET OUT, YOU'RE FIRED"[/quote]

I think a quote from the great 'John Smith's' would have been required for that opinion...

'Ya barrrrrrrrred'... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts