Why I hate Amazon Prime Video – and why I keep watching it anyway

pf49er

Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
The mix of free and paid viewing options in the Amazon sphere is a feature, not a flaw. I would bet that they sell incrementally more rentals doing it that way.

kdbur

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Amazon Prime Video is a service full of flaws, but I can't bring myself to part ways with it.

Why I hate Amazon Prime Video – and why I keep watching it anyway : Read more
Even when you do toggle onto 'only free with prime', they pass through some 'pay for' content but what really bugs me is the unnecessary searching to see if there is 4K version as well as the HD one presented and the really bad 4K quality. Amazon really does take us for granted. Of all the streamers, the best by far, IMO is Apple TV+ at £50 a year they have a smaller selection than the others but there are some cracking original series with not much dross.

nicoladinisio

Aug 7, 2020
Visit site
I may add a comment from a non-native English speaker (I'm Italian) living in a non-English speaking country (Germany). It is a complete mess. Most of my offering is in German only, the original language track is not consistently offered. American movies in German, and only in German, yep! Italian movies only in German, of course! In this day an age, I would expect all languages to be available when streaming movies.
The result is that I do not use it, and I continue enjoying my Blue Rays, which come with all features, extras and languages, not to mention multichannel audio and consistent picture quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts