Amazon keeps making Prime Video worse, but here's why I won't cancel

JohnAH

May 26, 2024
Visit site
In reality it's the delivery service that keeps me with Amazon, not the pretty useless Prime Video. I note they had Zone of Interest available. I can't think of a film that would suffer more with ad breaks. A friend did an analysis and said giving up Prime and going back to delivery charges and finding cheaper alternative suppliers paid off. Maybe we should all do the same.

DegreesOfSeparation

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
I cancelled Prime just before the adverts started, absolutely no way I was going to accept a lesser service with ads or pay more money for a service I already had. Also, I don't get this obsession with Prime for the delivery reasons. Unless you're buying something inexpensive you can get free delivery and 9 times out of 10 it turns up next day anyway.

And since I've cancelled Prime I've found things cheaper on eBay many times, and the chances are you're supporting a small UK business buying from there, not giving your hard earned cash to a monolithic, tax dodging, employer abusing money making machine for Bezos.

And there's not much must watch TV or films on Prime Video anyway, if I were you I'd take the plunge and cancel, Joe!

Reactions: JohnAH

JohnAH

May 26, 2024
Visit site
I cancelled Prime just before the adverts started, absolutely no way I was going to accept a lesser service with ads or pay more money for a service I already had. Also, I don't get this obsession with Prime for the delivery reasons. Unless you're buying something inexpensive you can get free delivery and 9 times out of 10 it turns up next day anyway.

And since I've cancelled Prime I've found things cheaper on eBay many times, and the chances are you're supporting a small UK business buying from there, not giving your hard earned cash to a monolithic, tax dodging, employer abusing money making machine for Bezos.

And there's not much must watch TV or films on Prime Video anyway, if I were you I'd take the plunge and cancel, Joe!
Unfortunately I paid for the year in March. But looks like the last time.

Corpus_Chain

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
It makes me sad that Amazon are developing a monopoly over online shopping and people are willingly buying into that. Buy local, buy from small businesses!

Corpus_Chain

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site

I agree, and the idea of paying for a subscription to a shop is the weirdest form of brand loyalty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts