Why does my amp make a clicking noise alot ?????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to all this hifi stuff i just bought a new (Onkyo TX SR-309) and when it is on and im just watching tv ect. It will make the clicking noise it makes when you turn it on/off

Please help ???? Thanks :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
How are you watching TV? I mean where is the sound sourced from? The TV via digital connection or Audio Return Channel? Or a digital set-top box? The clicking could just be the digital signal unlocking and locking as programmes change and thus sound formats alter - this would trigger the muting relay for a split second so you don't get nasty noises as the digital conversion re-establishes itself.

michael hoy

Andrew Everard said:
How are you watching TV? I mean where is the sound sourced from? The TV via digital connection or Audio Return Channel? Or a digital set-top box? The clicking could just be the digital signal unlocking and locking as programmes change and thus sound formats alter - this would trigger the muting relay for a split second so you don't get nasty noises as the digital conversion re-establishes itself.

This happens on my Pioneer SC-LX85, it is not happening all the time and seems to be when watching SKY.

Never been concerned about it to be honest.

A

Anonymous

I wouldnt worry about it, i also have the Onkyo receiver and when I hit the power switch it makes exactly the same clicking noise as you decribe, with the clicking being more sudden when it i turned off, so i presume its normal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts