Why cant i record all my channels?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm not sure which AV port is best to use to connect my DVD recorder as I can never get my recorder to record digital and wondered if the problem is the sort i'm using. My bush TV has freeview built and I specially bought this so i could plug my dvd recorder and record any channel with ease but for a reason unknown to me other than my lack of knowledge this just ain't happening I think its the DVD that doesn't recogonise the other channels as it will record channels 1-5 no problem so who can I correct this? Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds to me that it's down to one of the following

1) the recorder hasn't got onboard Freeview or it's not set up

2) the TV isn't able to output video via its Scart connection

3) or the TV can do this but the recorder isn't set-up to record from the Scart input.

1) and/or 2) seem the most likely

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Sounds to me that it's down to one of the following

1) the recorder hasn't got onboard Freeview or it's not set up

2) the TV isn't able to output video via its Scart connection

3) or the TV can do this but the recorder isn't set-up to record from the Scart input.

1) and/or 2) seem the most likely
[/quote]

This is making sense but If this is the case on do I need to put a freeview decoder ontop of my DVD even though my TV has built it?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bobbys"]has the dvd recorder got freeview built in[/quote]

No the TV has the freeview built in but when I do a channel search the recorder only picks up channels 1-5 (analogue) it can't find digital - even though I have every cable possible plugged in!

I will right down the options of input and out put and what I have set up and post again as I might have something wrong.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

You need to move onto points 2 & 3 of Andrew's answer. If your tv can output its signal via the scart socket to your recorder then you can set this up. Be aware that you can only watch the channel you record while the recording is being made. If it cannot, you will either need to purchase another recorder with freeview built in or a stand alone freeview box. It may be easier to buy another recorder with digital built in for ease of use.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts