Why are NAD cd players so highly recommended?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am not referring to the sound quality but at some point in time my current cd player will probably develop problems (although knock on wood no time soon). When that happens. i will be in the market for a cd player but it seems from numerous accounts on forums that nad cd players quickly develop a problem of reading cd's and secondly from the thread on this forum, it seems as if they are quite noisy to when playing and this noise can be picked up on at moderate volume.

The problem is if my next cd player is not a NAD then i won't know what to pair up a NAD amp with as i don't think a marantz cd player and a NAD amp will sit together that well.

A

Anonymous

hi fi newbie:

I am not referring to the sound quality but at some point in time my current cd player will probably develop problems (although knock on wood no time soon) and i will be in the market for a cd player but it seems from numerous accounts on forums that nad cd players quickly develop a problem of reading cd's and secondly from the thread on this forum, it seems as if they are quite noisy to when playing and this noise can be picked up on at moderate volume.

The problem is if my next cd player is not a NAD then i won't know what to pair up a NAD amp with as i don't think a marantz cd player and a NAD amp will sit together that well.

I've got a c542 which i've had for about 5 years and other than the initial spinning up i wouldn't say its loud at all. Never had problems reading any discs either.

A

Anonymous

That is good to know, really the reason for my posting was to try and find some general concensus on whether there are reliability issues with it, or whether it's just unfortunate that because they are so popular that a small amount of them have got faults.

manicm

There are other CD players on earth you know. I had a C521 and I loathed it, it had a narrow stereo image and displayed some sibilance - without the requisite image depth.

However as a budget player I've heard the C515BEE is quite good, as well as its matching amp.

A

Anonymous

i know there are other cd players, it's a case of deciding what would best match a NAD amplifier and so I automatically came to the assumption of nad cd players.

A

Anonymous

At the moment I have a NAD C320 (not BEE) but am in the market for another NAD amp second hand

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
hi fi newbie:At the moment I have a NAD C320 (not BEE) but am in the market for another NAD amp second hand

I used that amp with a Marantz cd player (CD6000 OSE) with Wharfedale (Diamond 9.1) speakers for a number of years and was very pleased with the sound / reliability. My daughter now uses the system as I upgraded.

A

Anonymous

In the late 80's early 90's I went through a series of nad cd players. From the monitor series to their budget players and had nothing but problems with them. But I always liked nad products. Now I have the 542 and a t585 dvd player and no problems here.I guess your best bet would be to exchange for a new one. Speaking on budget players. In Canada nad kits are certainly not regarded as budget players here.

A

Anonymous

Not to fret, when your NAD dies, you'll just replace it with the original Sony Playstation. Hmm crazy, you say? A few days I posted a message that my Playstation 3 sounds as good as the NAD C542 that I'd just purchased. I also found out that the PS1 is considered an excellent CD player and you can get a used one for $25 - that's about as cheap as audiophile equipment gets. Seriously, here are some articles that talk about the PS1's capabililities as a cd player:

http://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/708play/ (I just love the drawing of how to use the PS controller to play back music)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15484873/

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/leben2/system.html

BTW, I should have never have donated mine! Some rascal out there is now playing with what would have been the crown jewel of my system:) I'll just buy another one from ebay and try it.

A

Anonymous

NAD are not greatly helpful nowadays when it comes to faulty products. Many, if not all, people would expect a replacement item if their product went faulty within the first month, NAD seem to have different ideas about this. If you get a fault free unit you'll be fine, but if you get early problems.....

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Had many NAD products over the years with no problems at all....Have latest C355bee amp with no problems..Have their first dvd player T550 from early 2001, used daily with no problems in fact i use it for 2 channel music as well as 2 channel music dvd, picture is also good......Can recommend nad amps and cdp and dvd without hesitation.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts