WHT: Plinius CD Dilemma…

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
So this is the situation, I bought a secondhand Plinius 9200 after auditioning it first! The gentleman I bought this from use’s Totem Hawk speakers, Plinius CD101, and this amp.

When he span a disc on the CD101, I thought Wow and sat there for about half an hour, and was amazed by the what I was hearing!.

This said, can the What HiFi Team, tell me when they tested the Plinius CD101 and the 9200 combo, what was the rest of the setup?

Also If I don’t wish to go for a CD101, what alternative I could use? Maybe DAC to match the Plinius CD player or even better it so I cause plug in other sources?

Budget’s upto £2k. I can pick up a CD101 for under that.

Thanks

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I didn't know that cables were that important. Speakers cable I will be using is Chord Companie's, Chord Epic Twin, and from the CD player /DAC to the amp, Chord Chorus Stereo RCA.

Hope this helps drummerman

Thanks

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
n4d5 said:
I didn't know that cables were that important. Speakers cable I will be using is Chord Companie's, Chord Epic Twin, and from the CD player /DAC to the amp, Chord Chorus Stereo RCA.

Hope this helps drummerman

Thanks

He was trying to be funny.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
n4d5 said:
Anyone from the WHF team or members on here? any idea's....

I think the issue is simply that Plinius product is pretty rare in the UK, distribution has never been widespread and I wouldn't know wher to find one if I wanted too.

If you can get a CD101 under £2k new, get one, it's probably what you want anyway.

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
n4d5 said:

I think the issue is simply that Plinius product is pretty rare in the UK, distribution has never been widespread and I wouldn't know wher to find one if I wanted too.

If you can get a CD101 under £2k new, get one, it's probably what you want anyway.

Unfortunately it's secondhand, however well look aftered...

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
n4d5 said:
davedotco said:
n4d5 said:

Unfortunately it's secondhand, however well look aftered...

Perhaps try an australian or kiwi forum?

They really are pretty rare in the uk, be surprised if anyone here can help.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Rick at Musicraft in Derby stocks Plinius. He doesn't seem to post on here much any more so I'd give him a call direct if I were you. He'll be able to suggest suitable alternatives also.

TRENDING THREADS