Who thinks they have the best home cinema system?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Recently got the pioneer sc-lx81 amp, the pioneer bdp-lx71 blu ray player.

B&W PFM 6 x 2

B&W PFM 5 x 1

B&W PFM 4 x 2

B&W PV1 subwoofer

I would recommend this system to anyone who else thinks they have home cinema dream land?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gel:
Hi

Recently got the pioneer sc-lx81 amp, the pioneer bdp-lx71 blu ray player.

B&W PFM 6 x 2

B&W PFM 5 x 1

B&W PFM 4 x 2

B&W PV1 subwoofer

I would recommend this system to anyone who else thinks they have home cinema dream land?
I do 100% gel,

Ive been into home cinema now for the good side of 20yrs & i must admit to say that the system i have now is fantastic (see my signature) id like to note that i no longer have the Pioneer LX70a bluray player as i replaced it with the far more superior Denon 2500bt transport.

The centre speaker i still use from B&W IMO is probably one of the best ever been produced, its absolutely awesome, ive tried several high end centre speakers over the years & to my ears nothing has come close to it. Everytime i watch a movie on bluray the sound my system produces never fails to have my jaw hit the floor !!

My system delivers power in spades espec with having two subs, the presence & scale is out of this world & i dont think anyone could find a fault with it thats how confident i am with this set up i have. Everbody i know who has demo'd my system has been blown away to the point were theyve suddenly wanted a home cinema for themselves, as my movie room is square, no fire places etc just a room made for movies, the perfect size.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Nice system couple of queries on your system know one the blu ray player the Denon 2500bt transport I have heard several people say it is not that realiable with certain blu rays?

The second the amplifier pioneer vsx-lx70 have you heard the pioneer sc-lx81 amp? because I would like to hear other peoples view on what the difference between the two they have heard? I used to have the pioneer vsx-lx70 amp but with B&W MT30 package it was good and my dad has it with the B&W XT series but can be quite harsh on the sound ie the treble I think.

So I would love to hear you view on this

thanks

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gel:
Hi

Nice system couple of queries on your system know one the blu ray player the Denon 2500bt transport I have heard several people say it is not that realiable with certain blu rays?

The second the amplifier pioneer vsx-lx70 have you heard the pioneer sc-lx81 amp? because I would like to hear other peoples view on what the difference between the two they have heard? I used to have the pioneer vsx-lx70 amp but with B&W MT30 package it was good and my dad has it with the B&W XT series but can be quite harsh on the sound ie the treble I think.

So I would love to hear you view on this

thanks
Hi gel,

The Denon transport only used to have some freezing issues with the universal BD LIVE titles until the latest firmware came out which has now totally solved that issue & so far no other problems to report, its a cracking machine.

And yes ive heard the Pioneer sc-lx81 amp as i had a demo of it at my local hifi store & to me i couldnt tell i great deal of differences personally, i was hard pushed to, i was left just shaking my head & humming to myself & realising i couldnt hear any differences & certainly it never came into my head to upgrade from mine to the lx81, but its a cracking amp all the same.
As for you saying the lx70 amp sounded harsh i dont hear that, as i dont like stuff to sound harsh so if id of detected that i wouldnt of kept it, to me its just a solid powerhouse, ha.

It also depends on what speaker cable you were using, mains cables, interconnects & so on as all these can have there own signature as the accessories are pieces of kit themselves.

Now i will point out that im not saying i have "the" best system but its the best system/combination ive ever had.

Hope this helps Gel

A

Anonymous

sounds like an awesome system. just wondered with ure experience, knowledge etc how good is the denon blu ray player compared to some other similar blu rays for pic quality. for example the pioneers and panas.

is there a large differnce for the extra £

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
jonny1_2005:
sounds like an awesome system. just wondered with ure experience, knowledge etc how good is the denon blu ray player compared to some other similar blu rays for pic quality. for example the pioneers and panas.

is there a large differnce for the extra £

Hi Jonny1_2005,

When the Denon first came out & when i first experienced this player it was in a total league of its own, the best picture from a bluray player id ever seen however, times are moving on etc with alot of cracking players coming out, but if you were on the market for a bluray player this machine is still the best around the £600 mark?

A friend of mine just recently bought the Pioneer 51fd, although its a great player i couldnt help but feel it still lacked in the clarity dept & detail retrieval to what the Denon is capable of, now i know he got this player for £380 i believe, but for another £200 he could of got the 2500bt were to me it would of been worth the exra outlay, even he had to agree it wasnt as detailed as my Denon. Ive also checked out the panas the bd55 &35, the sonys but i still find the Denon has more detail to the PQ.

A

Anonymous

Well mine is pretty good, will be interesting to see what Jase thinks of it.

Wonder if he could bring his Denon Transport along, that should blow my PS3 away!

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Thanks for the information on the Denon I am going to recommend it to my dad now thanks

A

Anonymous

gel whats your views on the pioneer lx71. how good is the pic quality compared to other players and is it better than the 51fd.
also the denon sounds excellent will keep it in mind. the new pana bd80 also sounds pretty good so stuck now which one to go for. in the end the picture quality is the main feature for me not fussed about this bd live stuff etc. a player should come down to how good the pic and sound quality are as thats the idea when watching a film.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

In my view you can not do better than the pioneer bdp-lx71 blu ray player. blu ray excellent sound and picture dvd excellent sound and picture reliable with both and for around £500.00 that to me sounds a good deal. This is the one I would recommend to anyone and it looks really nice, nice remote control. You will not be disappointed , don't go for the pansonic not good, and pioneer 51fd not seen but the pioneer bdp-lx71 has a better graphics card and looks better if I was you I would go for the pioneer bdp-lx71.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
gel:

Hi

In my view you can not do better than the pioneer bdp-lx71 blu ray player. blu ray excellent sound and picture dvd excellent sound and picture reliable with both and for around £500.00 that to me sounds a good deal. This is the one I would recommend to anyone and it looks really nice, nice remote control. You will not be disappointed , don't go for the pansonic not good, and pioneer 51fd not seen but the pioneer bdp-lx71 has a better graphics card and looks better if I was you I would go for the pioneer bdp-lx71.

Sure, if you have the cash, get the lx71 but the 51 is identical bar a couple of external things and as far as I understand it it uses ugraded video drivers which only become benefitial over component but not HDMI.

At present I would question paying the extra for the 71. No benefit in picture/sound quality and the same issues as all Pioneer players at present ... slow firmware updates. Neither has BDLive/Ethernet and even though this may not be important, at this price it should be included imo. That makes Denon's transport only 2500 an even more expensive option (with even less on offer).

When I bought my pioneer I compared it directly with the Denon on a pioneer telly. I did'nt spend much time deciding as I could not see much difference between the two playing 'I am legend'. If anything, I thought the 51's picture was clearer and sharper and as it was less than half the price the decision was easy. One film is no benchmark and I appreciate that in a more involved comparison the Denon might have been slightly better?

Personally I'd wait for the new players from panasonic and perhaps pioneer but only if they come up with the promised f/w updates, one being DTS MA and some operational improvements some people seem to experience though mine seems to work fine.

A

Anonymous

Another thing I think is relevent is how good you can make a system for the room you are putting it into.

Most of us do not have a special room just for our home cinema.

A

Anonymous

Jamo DVD/Amp DMR60

4 B+W 601s

B+W centre

Yamaha Sub

Got all of it for £40, so its the best cinema system ever

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
trevor79:Another thing I think is relevent is how good you can make a system for the room you are putting it into.Most of us do not have a special room just for our home cinema.

N'er a truer word spoken...

While I will continue buy lottery tickets in the hopes of acquiring the means with which to buy a house that would be able to enclose my dream theatre, not to mention the theatre itself, I am most content for now with the system that rocks my little 1 bedroom flat.

Panasonic TX-32LXD60

Denon AVR-3808A

Mordaunt Short 902ix4, 905i, MS309i

Panasonic DMP-BD30

Sky HD

Xbox 360

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've got a VHS and a 14" colour portable, but the missus wears just an apron and feeds me ice cream during the interval. So I have the best home cinema experience.

Not really.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I'm quite happy with my system. Here's what I've got and the items that I'm about to replace things with when the price is right, probably this Summer.

Screen - Samsung 50 inch plasma 720p - PS50Q97HDX Very happy with it even though it's not Full HD.

Amp - Onkyo TX-NR905 will be replacing with a 906 shortly when this unit goes to my folks.

BluRay - Pioneer BDP51-FD - excellent but being replaced with Sony BDP S5000-es in the summer.

Speakers - Dali Ikon 6 fronts,
Dali Ikon Vokal 2 centre
Dali Ikon On-Wall surrounds and rears
Dali Ikon Sub being replaced with a BK Monolith in about a week when it arrives :)

Dock - Onkyo DS-A1X. Controlled by the amp, not bad for £40.

Getting it right takes ages, and I know I'd be better off getting the Arcam 600 amp but in all honesty it's just too expensive. The Onkyo and Sony will be very good I'm sure and sort me out for the next 10 years I'm hoping.

A

Anonymous

Like Many I have a Pioneer / B&W combo - Pioneer LX81; B&W CM7's, CM1's, CM Centre; CM Sub; Denon BT2500; Chord Epic (Front's & Centre) ; Chord Carnival Silver Screen (Rears); Van Den Hul Flat HDMI's; Sony 40W4500; PS3.

The whole system just gels - weight, timing, agility, detail is stunning across movies, games and a whole array of music genres. For info, I home demo'd the Denon against a Pioneer Lx 71 and although I and most certainly my missus would have preferred to have an aesthetically pleasing match - the Denon knocked spots of the Pioneer to my eyes and ears.

A

Anonymous

JohnNewman:Will Harris:...sort me out for the next 10 years I'm hoping.

I keep saying that but the 'bug' seems to bite quite a few ears sooner than that...even if I'm satisfied with what I've got :)

It bites whenever I'm bored and being into headphones and portable music just gives me even more avenues down which to funnel money. :-(

Really looking forward to the sub arriving. Should be very good by all accounts.

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
Gel,

As a slight aside, when did you order your SC-LX81 amp and when did you receive it ?.

I've been waiting nearly four months from mine, and still no sight of it.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

For Info - I was lucky enough to purchase mine off the shelf in Feb from my local dealership they had a stock of 3 in their intial delivery and having had a relatively quick pioneer / yamaha face off in the show room I jumped at the Pioneer. No regrets at all - and as my speaker set up was purchased new shotly after, the sound just seems to be getting better and better as the system runs in.

All good things come to those who wait - eventually.

A

Anonymous

ukgthor:
Gel,

As a slight aside, when did you order your SC-LX81 amp and when did you receive it ?.

I've been waiting nearly four months from mine, and still no sight of it.

Cheers.

Mate you're being hoodwinked. Time to withdraw your funds from you dealer and find one with stock. 4 months is taking the mick in anyone's language.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Sevenoaks pre-ordered before they were available last year

TRENDING THREADS