Who makes the finest cables; Chord or Van den Hul?

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Given the 2 options....Chord for me....Why? Not because I use them, its because I have tried a number VDH cables and its not to my liking.

If its not limited to these 2 options....I am very and fully satisfied with Siltech.

scene

I think this question is like asking "Who makes the finest wine?" - the answer is very much a matter of personal taste and matching the cables to your setup. I think both companies make fine cables. I have a lot of Chord Cables as I think they suit my set up. Given a different amp, source, etc. I could well go with Van den Hul. Or Merlin.

And when talking of "finest cable" what do exactly do you mean? Best, regardless of price? Best, for a given price point?

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Audience, Analysis Plus, Coherent Systems, Missing Link. You need to widen your horizons outside the review pages of WHF.

scene

SteveR750 said:
The yellow ones? Actually in my system I prefer to use the green I/Cs :)

:) I'm reminded of a Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch which was a send up of the Financial Times newspaper ads - when various people various reasons for why they but different papers, and Mel Smith gives his reason for buying the FT as "because I have a pink bathroom..."

A

Anonymous

Transparent cables for me, only cos they're reassuringly expensive :cheers:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
El Hefe said:
Given the 2 options....Chord for me....Why? Not because I use them, its because I have tried a number VDH cables and its not to my liking.

If its not limited to these 2 options....I am very and fully satisfied with Siltech.

Yeah, the question would be better if it was 'which of the two makes the finer cables?'

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
iceman16 said:
For me it's chord until I tried Tellurium Q. Van den Hul sounds dull to me(in my system of course).

+1

I thought my Chord Epic was good until I demoed and subsequently bought Tellurium Q Black Speaker cable

A

Anonymous

I've started using cables from Dynamique Audio with my CD player and speakers. Very happy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts