Who is planning to go to the Bristol show?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hoping to be there tomorrow, maybe Saturday too all going ok.

Feeling like cxxp... man flu.

See how it goes.

It sure won't do anything for perceived SQ.

My luck.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was filming non stop from 9.30am - 5pm I think I covered 30-40% of the rooms here at best

The amount of systems on display here really is something and the overall standard of sound is much better than years previous. Its a really good show if your still thinking about attending.

Cyrus and Kef Blades streaming from qobuz did not dissapoint it was very impressive sound quality.

PMC incredible room really impressive going to try and get back in there on Sunday.
Had a demo of the new Entry level AVM kit wow really good on the Twenty5 speakers. I didnt know it was that level kit until I the end, really really impressive, want to own some impressive.

met DavidF really nice guy demoing some tiny Amphion speakers souding really big.

Kudos 505 were really impressive like them a lot - great speakers

JL Audio Gotham V2 incredible sub you have to see it in the flesh to appreciate it. Small hotel room you would expect it to swamp it in bass but the in built setup really did a great job and tight and punchy bass was the result.

QAcoustics Concept 500 speakers I liked them again in the flesh the dual finish of solid colour and wood grain is really nice. Looks a little odd in photos but in the flesh its really nice

The Wilson Benesch room I started there and was very impressed with the systems low noise floor, sound stage and realism.

Quadraspire impressed again with a demo of their new isolation product as did IsoAcoustics demoing the GAIA - clear as day difference there.

Saw so much good stuff, exhausted. Back tomorrow and Sunday :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I was filming non stop from 9.30am - 5pm I think I covered 30-40% of the rooms here at best

The amount of systems on display here really is something and the overall standard of sound is much better than years previous. Its a really good show if your still thinking about attending.

Cyrus and Kef Blades streaming from qobuz did not dissapoint it was very impressive sound quality.

PMC incredible room really impressive going to try and get back in there on Sunday. Had a demo of the new Entry level AVM kit wow really good on the Twenty5 speakers. I didnt know it was that level kit until I the end, really really impressive, want to own some impressive.

met DavidF really nice guy demoing some tiny Amphion speakers souding really big.

Kudos 505 were really impressive like them a lot - great speakers

JL Audio Gotham V2 incredible sub you have to see it in the flesh to appreciate it. Small hotel room you would expect it to swamp it in bass but the in built setup really did a great job and tight and punchy bass was the result.

QAcoustics Concept 500 speakers I liked them again in the flesh the dual finish of solid colour and wood grain is really nice. Looks a little odd in photos but in the flesh its really nice

The Wilson Benesch room I started there and was very impressed with the systems low noise floor, sound stage and realism.

Quadraspire impressed again with a demo of their new isolation product as did IsoAcoustics demoing the GAIA - clear as day difference there.

Saw so much good stuff, exhausted. Back tomorrow and Sunday :)

I really appreciate the written summary.

*good*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
thanks CNo.
I can't assess the footage I filmed until I get home but I hope its come out to justify the effort I put in.

If it does it will be great show footage for people that couldn't attend.

Hope so :)

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Had to google Peaky Blinders Hair Cut.... :)
Yeah, me too, still didn't spot drummerman though. I think I might have seen you, did you have a Lumix GH5 on a stabilised hand held mount? If so, apologies for not saying hello, I was speaking with an Arcam guy and you'd vanished by the time we finished.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
Enjoying the PMC Twenty5 23 demo when suddenly there is some bloke with a video camera behind me *smile*

What did you have in the rucksac Ellis - your sandwiches?

ha ha ha. sorry about that I tried my best to be discrete but the suitcase on my back didnt help.
That had my second breakfast, 11's, lunch and snacks in it yes :)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
jonathanRD said:
Enjoying the PMC Twenty5 23 demo when suddenly there is some bloke with a video camera behind me *smile*

What did you have in the rucksac Ellis - your sandwiches?

ha ha ha. sorry about that I tried my best to be discrete but the suitcase on my back didnt help. That had my second breakfast, 11's, lunch and snacks in it yes :)

I would have said hello but didn't want to disturb you, I'd already spent 30 minures in the PMC demo so wanted to move on and didn't see you again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts