Who is planning to go to the Bristol show?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
As one that hasn't been to a show for a long time ...

... I assume many exhibitors now use streaming to demonstrate. Can I ask to have a track played over Tidal (if used) using my phone or their source rather than having to take cd's with me?

Perhaps they only play their own selections. It's been a few years.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I've decided to go - I'm sure you'll all be delighted to know *wink* - there are a few things I'd like to have a look at, well listen to, you know what I mean.

I'll see you there (but you won't see me!)

drummerman said:
As one that hasn't been to a show for a long time ...

... I assume many exhibitors now use streaming to demonstrate. Can I ask to have a track played over Tidal (if used) using my phone or their source rather than having to take cd's with me?

Perhaps they only play their own selections. It's been a few years.
Used to see quite a few laptops a few years ago, but many are now using vinyl again - I think I only saw one laptop last year. A few rooms were using the Moon Neo Ace, so with amps like that I dare say you could request something from TIDAL.

CnoEvil said:
Diamond Joe said:
drummerman said:
Infiniteloop said:
I'll be going, but not sure what day yet.

Should we all wear something distinctive so we know who's a fellow forumite?

Good idea. Lets carry a plastic bag with brochures in it.
Genius *biggrin*

Yup. Brains and Beauty...a rare combination.

Yeah, which one is which?

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will be easy to spot with my bag :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eco-bag-I-love-LINN-Jute-Bag-Eco-bag-color-natural/152517501317?hash=item2382c06185:g:DXAAAOSw7ThUgFj5

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
insider9 said:
insider9 said:
I propose we all get one of these each

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fu...

I think you should all wear Bowler Hats. *dirol*

headphones-turn-you-into-a-cabbage-prints.jpg

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Still never been, but then ago I've done my fare share of trade shows over the years. Should really pop my head in one year.

In my previous life I had 18 years of CeBit, Computex, Comdex, CES etc etc - "I've seen expenses claims you people wouldn't believe...." to praphrase one of my favourite flicks ;-)

All the sales gang will be there at your beck and call though.

If you get a chance travel via Voodoo Q for a spot of grub, highly recomended if you like Meat + Fire.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
if your on the fence about attending you definately want to.

I have just done the rounds seen the incredible effort thats going in as we speak.

There are some stunning systems being assembled and already I have heard some really good sound.

If you are attending you are in for a real treat this year.

Happy Days and thanks to everyone who is grafting into the night to make it happen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts