Who’s going to the cinema to watch Top Gun Maverick?

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Can't understand those that pay thousands for a good home cinema set-up and then go and get fleeced at a cinema to watch a film.....
Popcorn and hotdogs / beer are a lot cheaper at home. :cool:
Good point, Al. Thinking about it too last time I went to the cinema I only stayed for 20 mins!

Can't understand those that pay thousands for a good home cinema set-up and then go and get fleeced at a cinema to watch a film.....
Popcorn and hotdogs / beer are a lot cheaper at home. :cool:
They are, but some films can only be fully appreciated on a mega huge screen. Blade Runner 2049 for one, when they’re in the “no go zone” (the orange bit). Same with Godzilla: King Of Monsters. I still watch certain films at the cinema.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

Tinman1952

They are, but some films can only be fully appreciated on a mega huge screen. Blade Runner 2049 for one, when they’re in the “no go zone” (the orange bit). Same with Godzilla: King Of Monsters. I still watch certain films at the cinema.
I remember taking my three kids to see Elektra many years ago at Star City (you'll know where that is David) and we sat there in silence for the first 10 minutes of the film...no sound! When I went to complain to the Assistant Manager she said they couldn't restart the film but I would be able to wait a couple of hours and go into the next showing for free... (!)
Not the cinema experience we were hoping for...!
When you look at the prices these days for a family trip it's just a 'no go' for me.

Gray

Ah but hasn't this one been filmed in Imax?
Now nobody (and I mean nobody) in Britain has watched fewer films than me, but.....
those that I've seen at Imax cinemas have been a bit of an experience.
Think my Imax 'Gravity' ticket was about £16, probably a fair bit more now in an Imax.

Tinman1952

Now nobody (and I mean nobody) in Britain has watched fewer films than me, but.....
Think my Imax 'Gravity' ticket was about £16, probably a fair bit more now in an Imax.
I did take my daughter to see a film in IMAX 3D once....now that WAS an eye-popping experience!

Reactions: Freddy and Gray

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Yes, I remember going to see The Force Awakens Star Wars film and that was IMAX 3D and that certainly was an experience! We were sat in the front row and the screen was massive and the 3D was virtually going above our heads! I wish we were half way up and when you are up you’re up and when you’re down you’re down and when you’re only half way up you’re neither up or down. Boom boom. :)

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts