Who’s been here longest?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Nice to see you again John Duncan. Hope life is treating you well.
Wondering what happened to Joel Sim.

I'm a contractor mate, it's what I do :) .

Joined January 2008, apparently. Back in the day I was the most prolific 'civilian' poster, but then I turned gamekeeper :) .

I also fell out of love with hifi tbh, I now have a couple of Sonoses, a turntable, and a modest AV setup (and lots of pairs of headphones). I mostly watch movies, and rarely listen to music.

idc

I also fell out of love with hifi tbh, I now have a couple of Sonoses, a turntable, and a modest AV setup (and lots of pairs of headphones). I mostly watch movies, and rarely listen to music.

I fell out of love with the constant need to upgrade. Occasionally I will buy a new set of headphones, as they get a lot of use. According to the Spotify wrapped in 2022, only 2% of users listen to more music than I do.

My amp and DAC are reliable and unchanged, and changing laptop every few years makes zero difference to sound quality.

idc

Just a quick mention about Big Chris, although joined after me, was involved in a fatal accident at work. A drummer in a thrash metal band and I think he'd only been married a short time or going to get married. Very popular member. Sad loss.

So sad. He got me into the different styles of heavy metal, my most recent gig was Gojira. He also sent me a CD of his band "Designs of Chaos" and they are still on Spotify, but average 4 listens a month. We need to boost that.

View: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0engqJnIbqr3UWlUON5ipQ

So sad. He got me into the different styles of heavy metal, my most recent gig was Gojira. He also sent me a CD of his band "Designs of Chaos" and they are still on Spotify, but average 4 listens a month. We need to boost that.

I'm a contractor mate, it's what I do :) .

Joined January 2008, apparently. Back in the day I was the most prolific 'civilian' poster, but then I turned gamekeeper :) .

Glad you're okay.

He was a very generous person, remember we were chatting on here about cars and Big Chris mentioned his dad had a old Lanchester car sitting in his garage, and he would perhaps arrange for me to see it.

Pretty sure John Duncan met him at the Towers when he attended one of the Big Question thingies.

He was a good guy.

I’m wondering when I originally joined. I first joined forums in 2003/2004 on AVForums while I was at Sevenblokes. I joined WHF forum when I started at my previous place of employment, so would’ve been around 2005/2006.
EDIT: Juat done a search and found it to be June 2008.
Think it was shortly after me when you worked for Frank Harvey, no idea of the exact date though.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts