Whjch speakers????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I am looking to purchase some new front speakers for my surround sound/music set up i listen to cds/watch blu ray dvds an equal amout and am looking for a happy medium.

My setup is CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 340R 5.1 RECEIVER, a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 640C V2 CD PLAYER and a SONY BDPS300BDP BLU-RAY PLAYER, the speakers i have been looking at within my budget are Monitor Audio BR5's, Mission M35i's,Kef IQ5 SE,Acoustic Energy AEGis Neo3's and Mission M66i's, which do you recommend or something else upto £400?

My room is aprox 10m x10m and i will be also looking to upgrade my centre and rears next month with a budget of £400 so bearing this in mind which front floorstanders so i go for?

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Compact floorstanders like the KEFs and MAs - although excellent - could struggle in that size room. I'd try B&W's beefier 685 speakers (£379; you'll need stands, too); once you've added a decent subwoofer in your surround system you'll have no shortage of bass.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice i'll certainly look into them,could you advise of a reputable stockist i live near cambridge.

Also do they make a similar floor stander to the 685?

Cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="nokz"]685s exellent front or rears mate[/quote]

I'll second that.

They do the B&W 684s and 683s which are floor standers but these are £700 and £900 respectively.

Edit: Oh, I got mine from Sevenoaks they have a branch in Cambridge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts