white or grey p. screen

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I have read a lot of about white and grey screens.I know that in a white room ( white walls) even with projector Epson TW 3200 ( contrast 25 000) I should get grey screen ideally 1.0 gain .

But shops which I called recommend to buy a white one . I also have found some forum answers where one guy was not happy because of loss of white.

I have seen some pictures of half grey and half white wall and result of it, where I can see that white is not white, it is like been spilled with water.

I know I should buy 16:9 ratio, but because of location of screen - on patio door, I can not have 16:9, the best option seems to be 1:1 which will have function as a blind as well. I would like to have width about 240 cm

BTW I have already had a white matt 220 wdth 1:1, and it is ok , but usually when I watch e.g F1

during the day it is obvoius that black is grey and there is like smoke atmosphere :)

Now which one should I buy ?

Thanks

s

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it better invest money to have completely dark or darker room with white screen or buy quality grey screen with light room ?

I personally prefer little bit lighter room not completely dark.

Thanks
s

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts