Whiplash

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Just over an hour into watching Whiplash and power goes down. I hope they don't mess up the ending, great movie so far. Love the drums through my AKGs.

Check it out if you haven't.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not convinced by a lot of rock/guitar band drumming on the LS50's. I've mentioned before on some CD's it sounds like they're playing the same set of toy drums or the skins of the drums are made out of the same material as the LS50 drivers.

Yet on other disks it sounds half decent. Still not the best I've heard though by a long shot. Considering the new Dynaudio XD series at the moment.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I understand that Vladimir and knew I'd have to accept a bit of compromise given I've a set of neighbours above my living room and another set through the wall but the previous speakers I had, B&W DM303, did a better job of the kind of music I mostly listen to.

Don't get me wrong, the KEF's sound amazing with the right music and vocals and I think I'd miss that if the next set of speakers aren't quite up to that midrange clarity.

The Dynaudio Focus XD series has some major advertising blurb that leaves you feeling you've more questions than answers and I'm hoping there's a serious review on them somewhere which teases out a few more facts.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
When you sit in a room with a full drum kit and you hear it live, you realize the amount of acoustic energy coming of it. There is no chance any small passive domestic hifi standmount will portray that exerience anywhere close in SPL and all the delayed harmonics ringing from the drum kit.

KEF LS50 vs JBL L-112 drumming. No competition IMO.

However, the Dyns have such robust motors, they certanly stand out of the crowd with their performance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts