Which would be best?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Your recommendation?:

1. Pioneer VSX919 plus Pioneer BDP320,

2. Pioneer VSX919 plus Denon 2500BT or

3. Denon AVR1910 plus Pioneer BDP320.

To connect to a Themescene HD82 projector and B&W 600 series speakers.

Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mr. AJ

First post on this forum so be gentle!

I have recently purchased the VSX-919 / BDP-320 combo connecting to a Pioneer PDP-5000EX and B&W 601 S2 speakers and I absolutely love this setup, it looks the business too! I don't really play CDs anymore but using the BDP-320 and the amp to decode is surprisingly good - although still no substitue for a good CD player. As my primary source of music is an iPod/iPhone the connectivity this amp prodives for iPod was another big factor in my decision to buy. I have to say that the iPod integration on this amp is fantastic!

I did look at the Denon kit you mention and the AVR-1910 probably sounded better than the VSX-919 playing music but very little difference watching movies. The 2500BT and the BDP-320 were very similar picture wise, both are excellent but as the Denon is just a transport and was about £100 more, the Pioneer got it again.

The Denon was probably the slighty better kit but the Pioneer won me over on price, look and facilities.

P.S. Happy to answer any other VSX-919 / BDP-320 questions you've got!

A

Anonymous

I would suggest the Denon AVR-1910 with 2500BT, this is the setup I have recently chaged to and it looks and sounds awesome.

They look good together too.

Every one I demo it to is very very impressed.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice, however I did go out and buy the VSX-919 / BDP-320 combo.

2 questions I have though:

1. The speaker cable plugs that used to fit into my previous amp are now 1-2 mm to thick and do not fit the Pioneer amp!!

2. When playing dvd's it seems very pixilated and picture does not seem anywhere near as good as my Denon 1930. Black's are another area where this player seems slightly odd in the way it seems to leave trails after the picture has changed. I just wondered if you had the same issues?

A

Anonymous

Hi Again Mr AJ

1. I had old banana plugs on my speaker cable and had to replace them with new bananas which are slightly thinner and are basically a circle of metal as opposed to the old "plug" type. However, I only changed the plugs at the amp end!

2. Haven't had this problem with mine although the BD player and the amp will both upscale so it's probably a case of getting these settings correct. The BDP-320 also has a number of different colour output options so it could be a case of finding one that suits your setup.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts