Which wireless headphones?

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Since they were released, I've been coveting the B&W P5 Wireless headphones (I love my P3s, but want the option of going wireless), but I couldn't quite justify spending more than £300 on them. Now that B&W have reduced their price, I'm looking at them again. Would they be a worthy upgrade to the Jabra Moves I'm using currently? Are there any other wireless headphones I should consider at a similar price point?

I would be using them with my iphone and Spotify, although sometimes with my macbook and iTunes music, which is mainly hi-res or cd quality.

I'm hoping to go into John Lewis and try them out soon, but it would be good to have a shortlist.

Thanks

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
rob_981 said:
Since they were released, I've been coveting the B&W P5 Wireless headphones (I love my P3s, but want the option of going wireless), but I couldn't quite justify spending more than £300 on them. Now that B&W have reduced their price, I'm looking at them again. Would they be a worthy upgrade to the Jabra Moves I'm using currently? Are there any other wireless headphones I should consider at a similar price point?

I would be using them with my iphone and Spotify, although sometimes with my macbook and iTunes music, which is mainly hi-res or cd quality.

I'm hoping to go into John Lewis and try them out soon, but it would be good to have a shortlist.

Thanks

The recent 1More MK802 I have (review in process) is not only great on Bluetooth, it has a smooth and neutral response. Fantastic headphone. The Puro BT5200 I had was also good, tho not as good as the MK802. I have the Bose QC35 - good, but artificial sounding due to Bose's built-in EQ. I have had several P5's, but not the wireless. Definitely not worth the money. Neither are the B&O's.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Berylium plated drivers and titanium earhousings!

Serious hardware for the cash.

Fugly though and the colours are vomit inducing
wink_smile.gif

I am so shallow.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Berylium plated drivers and titanium earhousings!

Serious hardware for the cash.

Fugly though and the colours are vomit inducing .

I am so shallow.

The colors are truly bad, especially up close.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Dalethorn.

I have to agree with drummerman - the 1Mores look a bit garish for my tastes. I'm not sure I could see me wearing them outside, sadly.

The Puro's look much better. I just wish there was somewhere I could try them out, to compare them to my Jabra's.

What was wrong with your P5s, if you don't mind me asking? I enjoy my P3s, although they do require a bit eq'ing to get the best from them.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
rob_981 said:
Thanks Dalethorn.

I have to agree with drummerman - the 1Mores look a bit garish for my tastes. I'm not sure I could see me wearing them outside, sadly.

The Puro's look much better. I just wish there was somewhere I could try them out, to compare them to my Jabra's.

What was wrong with your P5s, if you don't mind me asking? I enjoy my P3s, although they do require a bit eq'ing to get the best from them.

We used P5's for a couple of years at home and outdoors, so I'd be awfully picky to complain. Today though there are much better choices for sound, let alone price since the P5 is no bargain. The original appeal of the P5 was an OK sound, but especially the slender form factor which was great for portable use. The isolation of the P5 is also really good. I don't know if their Bluetooth P5 has the same isolation, or what it sounds like. I bought the P5 version 2 a year or two ago, and it was not improved over the original. Big disappointment.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
rob_981 said:
Thanks Dalethorn.

But ... Berillyium coated Drivers!

Were this a speaker it would cost a bomb.

Not even Sennheiser is using anything near as exotic on their top models.

You could sand the anodyzing off :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts