Which Upgrade is Better?

spoonthumb

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently about to upgrade my music system by two ways.

1/ Buying a better pair of headphones (Either AKG 550/551's or Grado SR80i's)

2/ Buying a DAC (HRT Microstreamer).

I can only afford to buy one of them at a time and will probably have to wait a while before being able to buy the next one so my question is, Which one would improve my music most?

I will be listening straight from my computer (external hard drive) mainly FLAC but high quality if not.

My current headphones are from my DJ days Numark PHX.

Thanks

Stel

Cyprus

spoonthumb

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
spoonthumb said:

I can only afford to buy one of them at a time and will probably have to wait a while before being able to buy the next one so my question is, Which one would improve my music most?

I will be listening straight from my computer (external hard drive) mainly FLAC but high quality if not.

Thanks

Stel

Cyprus

Answer my own question for anyone who cares.....

If I had my Grado's (SR80I's) without the HRT microstreamer then I might think I had wasted my money on the Grado's. Then again listening to my Numarks through the HRT would have made me think I wasted my money on the HRT. The answer was to buy both. However now I have a better pair of speakers which make my listening pleasure better and my Grado's sound like they need updating. I get the feeling that even if I could afford a 15,000 pound pair of speakers I would sooner or later want an upgrade. Loving music means I will always want to improve the way I hear it. Luckily the industry is always trying to come up with new ways of me doing that.

K

keeper of the quays

spoonthumb said:
spoonthumb said:

Thanks

Stel

Cyprus

Answer my own question for anyone who cares.....

If I had my Grado's (SR80I's) without the HRT microstreamer then I might think I had wasted my money on the Grado's. Then again listening to my Numarks through the HRT would have made me think I wasted my money on the HRT. The answer was to buy both. However now I have a better pair of speakers which make my listening pleasure better and my Grado's sound like they need updating. I get the feeling that even if I could afford a 15,000 pound pair of speakers I would sooner or later want an upgrade. Loving music means I will always want to improve the way I hear it. Luckily the industry is always trying to come up with new ways of me doing that.
i own a pair of AKG 550 headphones..ugly great things..look like ear defenders! Lol...but! They sound superb....hope this helps a bit..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts