Which two BD players have the best analogue sound of all

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As I need a BD player with analogue audio decoding, which two players have the best sound quality? I'm guessing the Denon DVD3800BD comes top, or does it? And which would come second? Sound quality being the main criteria, on BDs, DVDs and CDs from the same player.

Please help!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
You would be wise to look at the Sony BDP5000ES as it really performs at the price. The Pioneer LX91 is also quite a machine. Another one to look at if you can is the BD8002 from Marantz. All top flight machines. We haev been using the sony this week in the main room and CD playback is great.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Fantastic idea, but as both of those retail for the same as the Denon, which I'd prefer, is there anything in the next rung down that happens to be exceptionally good on analogue, and represents better value, a sort of analogue version of the Denon 2500 which you can find for £600 at the moment, only one with analogue audio outputs!

A

Anonymous

i would think the pioneer would be the one at that price range wouldnt it??

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Will Harris:Fantastic idea, but as both of those retail for the same as the Denon, which I'd prefer, is there anything in the next rung down that happens to be exceptionally good on analogue, and represents better value, a sort of analogue version of the Denon 2500 which you can find for £600 at the moment, only one with analogue audio outputs!

The Denon 3800 and Pioneer LX-91 are both significantly more expensive than the Sony 5000ES (which I have just found at £945 online). A few comparative tests have been posted and the 5000ES is holding its own. If you are after value for money then you should audition it. I haven't compared it to the other players as I decided £1500 was a bit too much for a Blu-ray player but can vouch for it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Voodoo Doc! Much obliged.

Anyone know which West London dealers are stocking both the Denon, Sony and also Pioneer 51 for comparison?

Andrew, any thoughts on these suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Lot of people online seem to be pointing towards the Sony BDP S5000ES as the best buy for analogue sound. Can be found for £900 online, so would be worth looking at. Any WHFSV thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Interesting if the Sony is pipping the Marantz for analogue, or are we talking at relative price points ?

On a tangent, as I'm interested in the current top 3 for this very same reason, were the LX91 or BD8002 included in the tests in the current issue that the Denon 3800 got it's stars ? - I haven't seen the mag yet.

A

Anonymous

I never talk at relative price points. The price fluctuates and seems to be so inconsistant that it makes more sense to talk in absolutes. i.e. one sounds better than the other. If you then see that one costs 1.25x the other, then you make a judgement call yourself as to whether it's worth it. I'd rather make that call myself based on the absolute pecking order than have someone else do it for me based on the RRP which is never what you pay if you have an ounce of sense anyway.

The best appear to be the Denon and the Sony. But with the Sony available for £900 it would, in my view, be moving fast to the top of the pile for an audition. That said, the Denon is way prettier. And I like looking at my kit, maybe I'm weird. I've always liked the champagne finish of my Denon amp.

Anyone have a view on these players having actually heard them?

TRENDING THREADS