Question Which TV

PM_121

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
Currently have a 1080P Panasonic TV 50”, there’s nothing really wrong with it, apart from it’s not 4K. I have BT UHD box with sport, Netflix, Prime video and have AppleTV+ (Non 4K)

Think I now want a 4K and get the max size screen I can for my situation on the wall, probably 65” (is that a big step up in viewing size ratio from my 50” ?) I sit probably about 10 feet away from the TV the way the room is setup.

I have a UHD BT box, and watch everything through that, it has all the apps now that I use Prime video, Netflix, Now TV (when subscribe now and then). I also have quite a few Apple movies so would be good to watch in 4K to (I only have an Apple TV 4 now, so maybe get a TV with the included Apple TV+ app for the 4K?), and maybe Airplay integrated, although not sure if airplay it would stream in 4K? I found with current TV the smart was soon out of date and not updated, so happy with the BT apps tbh.

I’m thinking of going to John Lewis for the 5 year warranty, and general good service you normally get, or richer sounds for 6 year warranty.

I know you can spend ‘000’s but I can’t. Looking on JL and Currys can see 4K from the like of LG, Sony and Samsung from around £550, but would go to max £900 I think.

Looking around my budget and use don’t think want OLED, so maybe LCD, QLED, NanoCell (are these really better than normal LCD or another marketing ploy)

So any suggestions on good models, etc please. Would rather have a 2020 model if possible just to be up to date.
thanks.

PM_121

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
Just thought there maybe updated processors etc. Reading around seems the android system is a little clunky? Surprised Sony chose this if so?

How are the Samsung LCD in my budget? Is there any benefit of the QLED or LG NanoCell over LCD?

thanks

Samsung smart features is one of the best in the business. I have a 6-series Samsung TV in my bedroom since 2009 which is still going strong. Check out Samsung UE65TU7100.

Updated processors make very little difference to picture year on year. Bear in mind you'll only have one TV in your house so won't be comparing side by side with other TVs. 2020 TVs won't be discounted and you can get more for your money by going for a 2019 model (higher range which would otherwise be over budget for example).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts