which standmount??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
has anyone any ideas on which is the best standmount . there are 3 i'm toying with ; b&w 805s , wilson benesch arc or acoustic energy AE1 mkIII .??? or are there any others to consider ?? all can be found as bargains so money is not the object here really , just views on quality .I have floorstanders at the moment and do love the bass which would have to be a key factor for me as well as quality , I know my KEFs were only £500 and the standmounts i have mentioned are all around the £2000 mark but what would i gain /lose by going standmount , or maybe should i stick to floorstanders ??? my room is 5mx5m roughly in a flat :)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
B&W 805S are still the one to beat after all these years. AE1 Mk3 is a matter of taste, I thought They are a bit bouncy but considering the small size they do go very deep. As for WB ARC - sophisticated and elegant come to mind, well worth it if you listen mainly to Classical and Jazz.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
B&W 805's for me too

Great standmount speakers with great bass and clear mid and treble. I auditioned them with my Arcam 10 and 10P with a Rega Planet CD player that was @ the shop, they sounded amazing with Leftfield and Underworld. Both very deep, fast and bassy music.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman,
it is intersting to me that you rate the 805 S so high.
I personally like the 804 S and 803 S much better. Of course they cost more, but you do not need some additional money for speaker stands.
Another good alternative is the Dynaudio Special 25 which is a very popular speaker on the continent. Many people believe it is better than the 805.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="kungula"] personally like the 804 S and 803 S much better.[/quote]

Yeb but the original question has a budget of £2000 therefor I answer accordingly. I briefly heard the floorstand 683 recently and was shocked at How good there were....A new king of speakers under a grand imo.

A

Anonymous

Also look at the Kudos C10, about the same price but a beauty.

A

Anonymous

Don't forget ATC, they make truly awesome speakers, but you'll have to have an excellent system behind it, or it will tell you. If you're changing amp too, then they do fantastic active ones.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]B&W 805's for me too

they sounded amazing with Leftfield and Underworld. Both very deep, fast and bassy music.[/quote] very interesting as this is my main music loves at the mo , so thx for the comparison , thx 2 u all infact for all inputs which helps me decide before i get out there n listen :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts