which spotify?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
this is a question as to which spotify to use? is the free service any good or do you need to pay a few quid to cut out the adverts etc. seems a bit mute now as some labels are pulling out.but still would like to know

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
I use the £5.00 a month version ..no adverts and mebbe's not the best sound quality version available but great for listening to new stuff and making up Spotify lists (AKA a modern version of the olde mix tape) I reckon it's worth it.

A

Anonymous

I use it on 3G in the car(phone to radio) and through Squeezebox, so premium it is. It's also better quality, although there isn't a lot in it.

The £5 option is fantastic if you don't need the former.

*edit. The word is "moot". If it was mute, it wouldn't be much good at all! ;)

A

Anonymous

Gift yourself the premium for a month as a trial. I did and this month it is back to £4.99 a month as a. my battered old ears could hear no difference and b. I don't need the mobile content.
smiley-cool.gif

http://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/e-card/

A

Anonymous

want to stream it from my ipad 2 are there any restrictions?

A

Anonymous

want to stream it from my ipad 2 are there any restrictions?

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm surprised to hear that some folks can't hear the difference between standard and premium - through a hi-fi (well, mine) there's a massive difference in SQ, plus getting rid of that "I'm listening to XFM" feeling with the adverts plus I also have an iphone (though it's a 3G and the app is 'glitchy' on occassion)

Well worth a Tony Benner in my opinion

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
jetjohnson said:
I use the £5.00 a month version ..no adverts and mebbe's not the best sound quality version available but great for listening to new stuff and making up Spotify lists (AKA a modern version of the olde mix tape) I reckon it's worth it.

+ 1.

Used to have Premium, don't notice any difference in sound quality since downgrading to Unlimited. Which IMHO begs the question: How much of the material is actually 320kbps?? :?

A

Anonymous

I use the free version .You can avoid the annoying ads by simply selecting your next track a few seconds before the one you are listening to finishes.Sounds perfectly okay on my PC speakers.

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant said:
jetjohnson said:

+ 1.

Used to have Premium, don't notice any difference in sound quality since downgrading to Unlimited. Which IMHO begs the question: How much of the material is actually 320kbps?? :?

http://www.spotifyclassical.com/2011/07/spotify-bitrategate-story-so-far.html

"We have a catalog of more than 15 million tracks and more than 99.9% are available in high bitrate (320 kbps) for our Premium users."

A

Anonymous

Alantiggger said:
I WAS going to get this.... but it seems you HAVE to be on facebook ? .... really ?

If you aren't and don't want to be, you can simply create a dunny account with a cartoon name. Just be glad it isn't Google+

I see it as an extra, irrelevant signup step for non-FBers, and for me it's a plus as I share new music finds with FB friends.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts