which speakers?

kushal_657

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
my room size is 24 feet x 21 feet. The room is a dedicated home theatre. The screen is placed length-wise in 24 feet. I am confused weather to go for a 5 speaker set up or a 7 speaker set up. Though the room is big, the last seating row would be touching the back wall, so im afraid that the surrounds and the back surrounds in a 7 speaker speaker set up would kind of fade in together. Pls suggest.

For the speaker options, i have considered dali, klipsch and waterfall. Which one would be a better option?

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like 5.1 could be a better option in your situation for a number of reasons. I've heard a number of commentators say there's little to be gained by 7.1 over 5.1 if your listening position is close to the back wall. But also, most of us have a set budget, so going 5.1 may help improve the quality of the speakers you're able to consider.

Having said that, you might find it helpful to look at bi-pole/di-pole wall-mounted speakers for the rears that may help create a more diffuse soundfield. Something like the Monitor Audio Silver FX speakers for example. They're also easier to discretely mount to a wall than conventionally shaped speakers because they're not as deep front to back.

However, you do have a large room, so others with similar room shapes to you might feel differently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts