Which speakers to add to my system for Dolby Atmos?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Will these tiltable tweeter speakers still work effectively if I placed them right in the front of the room at 11ft from my listening position. Or am I better off placing them 5 feet ahead of my listening position. Thanks.

i found this link useful https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos/dolby-atmos-home-theater-installation-guidelines.pdf

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've put in CT-165 speakers for 5.1.2 and cables for 5.1.4 so that the speakers can be added later when I upgrade my amp as it's only a year old. i've not seen the other speakers but the installation was really easy with each of the three brackets rotating outwards when you start to tighten the screws.

newlash09 said:
I live in a city called Hyderabad. I have indeed found these qacoustics QI65CB online. But their literature did not mention if they have tiltable tweeters. If they do have , then my search ends here :)

I will go with placing the front Atmos speakers 5.5 ft ahead of my listening position. If I go for front and rear heights , then it will be one too many speakers in my living room. So will go with in ceiling Atmos speakers. Thanks for suggesting those qacoustics :)

It says swivel tweeter here. Hyderabad is a fairly large city so you shouldn't have issues getting the speakers. I used to live in Mumbai before moving here almost 2 decades ago.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
newlash09 said:
That was very helpful. Even iam planning on having my rear Atmos in ceiling speakers above my listening position, right above my side surrounds. But Iam not sure about the fronts so far. Dolby suggests to put them about 45 degrees ahead of the listening position. So they should be sitting about 5.5 ft ahead of my seating position. Don't if this is better or should I mount them above my front LR speakers.

May I also know if you have surround speakers at ear height or above ear height. As some suggest keeping them about 2 ft above ear height. And with a Atmos setup some advise to place them at ear height. Thanks again.

yes I have rear surrounds just above our heads.. il get som pics up when I can remember how to do this :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Iam unable to find those monitor audio 165's online in India. But the QA qi65 are easily available at a very reasonable price too.Since they also seem to have those tiltable tweeters should get the job done for the Atmos part :)

Thanks...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts