Which speaker would you choose if you had a free choice

abacus

High End Active Studio Monitors with Subs. (Need to sit down and have a good listen to a few before choosing)

Wouldn’t bother with a Hi-Fi speaker as for me most are designed to sound nice rather than real. (More affordable though)

Bill

Reactions: Gray
Head:- ATC SCM40 Active, or possibly the SCM50 Active with the S series drivers.

Heart:- Franco Serblin Accordo Essence

Reactions: MUSICRAFT
D

Deleted member 108165

Ones that sound really good :)
Jesting aside, maybe some of the bigger PMC actives, (BB6's). Always wanted to audition some twotwo5/6's but went with a system upgrade instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJM1981

That’s the end of that then lol.

For me it would be modest still as the room would still need to function as a room. So some klipsch horns

Good choice. I doubted about getting horn loaded speakers. Point is that though horns sound amazing, they are build for highlighting certain details in certain music. Made to project vocals and solo instruments to create an illusion of the artist being there. So I'd probably end up collecting music that fit well with the speakers.

Tannoy Kingdoms or B&W Nautilus speakers might be something but I am afraid that sound quality those days have kind of been taken to cheaper speakers these days. Furthermore I've seen some speakers in high range segments these days like Wilson but when I hear their motivation they are more branded like artworks instead of sound, they even come with lights. Honestly I don't know if there is anything spartan in the highest segment nowadays, as in something that is all about sound.

I know it might be an open door but I would probably stick to an allround speaker like my current Wharfedale Evo 4.2's or the Kef Ls50.

D

Deleted member 116933

Good choice. I doubted about getting horn loaded speakers. Point is that though horns sound amazing, they are build for highlighting certain details in certain music. Made to project vocals and solo instruments to create an illusion of the artist being there. So I'd probably end up collecting music that fit well with the speakers.

Tannoy Kingdoms or B&W Nautilus speakers might be something but I am afraid that sound quality those days have kind of been taken to cheaper speakers these days. Furthermore I've seen some speakers in high range segments these days like Wilson but when I hear their motivation they are more branded like artworks instead of sound, they even come with lights. Honestly I don't know if there is anything spartan in the highest segment nowadays, as in something that is all about sound.

I know it might be an open door but I would probably stick to an allround speaker like my current Wharfedale Evo 4.2's or the Kef Ls50.

I don’t know, my baby heresy 3 s sound good with everything, though need a bit help with deep hip hop and the like the down to efficient speakers. But that doesn’t really float my boat. But the sound they offer up is tight and fast. Nothing I’ve personally come across matches them for that at the same price.

Having said that my aim is to step up to Cornwalls in a few years. Though I need to sort out a listening room first if I’m ever lucky enough to achieve that.

Reactions: AJM1981

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Any of the YG Acoustics range would do very nicely!
My local dealer, Criterion Audio, sell these.
They are without doubt the best speaker I have ever heard, but with an entry level of £27k up to £350k, they won't be making an appearance in my system any time soon!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts