Which Speaker System is the Best for MP3 Player and Desktop?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi for What Hi-Fi Staff and all guys and girls here,

I am planning to buy a speaker system. And below is the model i consider to buy:

01. AE Aego M

02. Eclipse PA307 MK2

03. Cyruslink Linkcentre

04. Lars & Ivan BK21

Can you rank those above speaker system for which is the best sound quality? I use it for my MP3 Player and Desktop PC.

Finally i hope that to see your replies sooner.

Thank you.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We've recently voted the Lars & Ivan BK21 our Best Buy desktop speakers in the 2007 What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Awards, so they're clearly No.1.

After that, the AE, Eclipse and Cyrus all got 5 stars. Given that the Eclipse system is considerably more than the other two (£400 against £100), it's in a different league, but it has a very particular sound which may/may not meet your requirements.

It has an exceptionally fast, articulate and detailed presentation, but is very fussy about positioning and doesn't do mega-bass. Definitely one to audition before you buy.

Hard to choose between the Cyrus and AE - both are great - but the AE was our Best Buy in the 2006 Awards.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your review here. It was stated clearly. Now i think that AE and Cyrus are in my list. Because they are better for 2.1 system on music.

But i still have a few of question here below:

01. If the Eclipse PA307 MK2 + Sub-woofer SW316, could the sound quality won over AE and Cyrus?

02. If i added the Q Acoustic 1010 in my list, what was your opinion?

03. Is Lars & Ivan BK21 comes with sub-woofer?

Finally i hope that to see your replies. And have a nice day~~!!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Well, as I said in my previous reply, the Eclipse system has a very particular sound, which may or may not suit your requirements - it's not a very bass-heavy system, so it depends what you'll be listening to or viewing on your PC. And no, the Lars & Ivan system does not have a subwoofer.

The Q Acoustic 1010s are magical little speakers (Best Buy in our Awards 2006), so are you thinking of using them as a straight stereo pair instead of one of the above systems?

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

Well, i maybe not instead of those system above. If i bought the QA 1010, then i needed to consider more on others like amplifier system too. I love to listen all kind of musics on full treble and bass setting. So now in my list are the AE and Cyrus. Do you have anymore opinion or suggestion for me?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As you specifically want a 2.1 system, I'd go for the AE Aego M-System, which we gave an Award in 2006. The speakers may be small, but the system still sounds big and goes (very) loud.

However, it's not all about brawn. The M-System can also deliver music with detail and finesse. It's an ideal all-rounder.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your suggestion and i will do my audition. But i still got question, does What Hi-Fi test on the desktop speaker systems for example Logitech, Altec Lansing, Creative, etc? And Which stereo pair speaker systems is the best for budget and midrange? I only know for the Q Acoustic 1010.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts