Looking for an MP3 Player and Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Im looking to buy and MP3 player (whats an MP4????). Im definately not wanting an Ipod just because of Itunes. I heard from friends this can be a bit of a pain so I would just like something to allow me to drag and drop on my pc. Ive looked at the some Sony Mp3 players which look nice but im afraid i dont have a clue about these things at all. Ive got about £80 max to spend on one. I would also like one that I can buy a good speaker system for and to play the music from it on my car radio. I would like some decent speakers as this will be one of my main uses for in my bedroom.

Please could anyone give me any ideas on these.

I almost bought a Sony MP3 NWA 806 4GB from Argos for £70 but read somewhere I couldnt use this with a speaker system

Hope to hear from someone soon with some suggestions

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry just another quick question....... some are saying in the description DRM9 or DRM10.... what is this and which is the one i should probably go for ?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can help here with these questions. I no absolutely nothing about mp3 players and would just like one and some good speakers for my bedroom x

A

Anonymous

ah thank you. Im totally at a loss with these. I def dont want an apple ipod just because of itunes. Im looking for an mp3 player and a good set of speakers for my bedroom. This wil be my main source of music so im wanting to get some reasonable speakers.

Its all so confusing lol

A

Anonymous

I do have a pc but its shared with my lodger and in the lounge so im wanting something for music to play in my bedroom. I decided on mp3 player so that i can download music. Im looking for speakers that sound pretty good and that dont take up an awful lot of room. Ive seen some logitech ones - models X210, x240 x540 and s220. These were around £20-50 mark depending on which model and seem to have some good reviews

My main reason for staying away from ipods is one the price of them and secondly a few friends have told me itunes is a little bit more exspensive than other sites to download music.... plus i need something easy lol

Sony NWA806 4GB Walkman Video MP3 Player £70

Stores up to 1,000 MP3/2,000 WMA/2,700 ATRAC tracks. 30 hours playback. 8 hours video playback. Rechargeable via USB port. Size (H)8.8, (W)4.4, (D)0.9cm. 2in LCD display. Stores up to 1,000 photos. 2.0 USB port. Portable solid state. 4GB memory. MP3/WMA compatible. Repeat, shuffle, intelligent shuffle functions. USB cable supplied. Software supplied. Minimum PC specification Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4 or later), Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows XP Media Center Edition (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate. In ear headphones (supplied). Headphone extension cord. Rechargeable via AC/DC adaptor with optional accessory (not supplied).

Creative Zen 4GB MP3 Player £80

2.5in screen. Stores up to 1,000 MP3/2,000 WMA tracks. 25 hours playback. DRM 10 compatible. 5 hours video playback Rechargeable via AC/DC adaptor (not supplied). Rechargeable via USB port. Size (H)5.5, (W)8.3, (D)1.2cm. Colour LCD display. 2.0 USB port. Portable solid state with HDD slot. 4GB memory. MP3/WMA compatible. Repeat, play functions. Tuner with 32 station presets. USB cable supplied. Software supplied. Minimum PC specification Microsoft© Windows© XP (Service Pack 2) or Microsoft© Windows Vista, USB 1.1 port (USB 2.0 recommended), 130MB free hard drive space (more for audio content storage). Works as a removable drive, alarm, radio, photo and video player. Voice recording functions. In ear headphones supplied. Rechargeable battery.

Creative ZEN V Plus 4GB MP3 Player £80

Stores up to 1,000 MP3/2,000 WMA tracks. 15 hours playback. DRM 9. 4 hours video playback.Rechargable. Size (H)6.7, (W)4.4, (D)1.6cm. 1.5 inch OLED screen. USB 1.1 Portable solid state. 4GB memory. MP3, WMA, WMA with Digital Rights Management (DRM) 9 or later, WAV (PCM and IMA ADPCM) compatible. Picture format JPEG Supports transcoded video format. Plays video clips. Microphone for live voice notes. Records from line-in direct to WMA without a PC. Intuitive Creative interface with joystick control makes navigation through content natural and easy. Built-in FM radio with 32 presets. USB cable. Minimum PC specification Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP (Service Pack 1 or higher), Intel Pentium III 1 GHz, or AMD Duron 1 GHz or better processor. CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive with digital audio extraction support, (USB 2.0 port recommended for faster transfers), 256MB RAM, 170 MB free hard disk space (more for audio content storage), Internet connection for Internet content downloading and CDDB2 support (any charges incurred are the responsibility of the user). Neckstrap, pouch, line In cable, installation CD-ROM, quick start users guide. Earphones (supplied)

Silly question but are these charged like mobile phones. I dont want one that relies on batteries. Also DRM9 and DRM10.... im abit confused with these too

Thank you for all your help with this

A

Anonymous

Hi Frog another quick question, sorry. Just been looking through the forums and im getting confused with all the different type of formats/files etc. Im really at a a loss here and just wondered what type i should be looking at

A

Anonymous

Hi Frog

Ive been looking at reviews on the creative and read quite a bit about them freezing or breaking although people are saying the sound quality is good.

The sony mp3 players people are saying good things about except the fact that it uses sonic stage. I really prefer drag and drop as this seemto be the simplicest from what people are saying.

I dont want itunes just because they seem more exspensive to download so im steering clear of apple ipds. Ive heard mp3 sparks is good for downloading .... an album costing about £1. Are there anymore sites that are relatively cheap to download.

Speakers.... ive found some Logitech X230 speakers that you can connect mp3 player to for about £25. These seem to be getting some good reviews. I know they are only at the cheap end of the range but for the value etc people are saying they sound alot better than others in that price bracket

Just wondered if anyone can give me any other advice on mp3 players and speakers re my comments above

many thanks

Sally

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you use iTunes, you don't have to buy from the iTunes store. As long as where you buy from doesn't lock you into another MP3 player i.e. you can download DRM free MP3 songs, you can then just import them into iTunes. This is what I do as I hate the DRM restrictions you get from the iTunes store, but love Apple's iPod products (especially given I use a Mac as well!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts